Background color not preserved / overwritten to grey

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

a background color for the text editors seems to be overwritten briefly after the start of Dave 3.1.8

I set a "Appearance color option" in

Preferences->General->Editors->Text Editors

either to a dedicated color or I check "System Default" and it works for the current session, but after a restart, I see "my" setting for half a second, then the grey background appears.

Is this a know issue? Anything I can do against it?

TIA,

Oliver
0 Likes
9 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Oliver,

Just want to share with you my setting steps:
1) Go to: >Windows>Preferences>General>Editors>Text Editors
2) Select "Selection background color" from "Appearance color options:" --> Un-check "System Default"--> Click on "Color:" field--> Choose the color from the pop-up "Color" window--> Click "Ok" to close the pop-up window--> Click "Apply" then "OK" to confirm the setting

The selection background color will be kept ever after I restart the DAVE. Perhaps you can have a try?!

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Zain,

you describe what I wrote except for the affected value: You write "selection background color" and I write "background color". Only "Background color" is affected as far as I see.

In the mean, I found that the setting permanently affects only the "active" project, although also an edit window of an inactive project is displayed with the changed background color immediately after changing the color.

Example: Two .c files from two projects, let's call them a.c (active project) and b.c (other project). Both have grey background. Bring a.c to the foreground, change color to green: works. Bring b.c file to the foreground, it's color is still grey. Change color to red while b.c is in the foreground: b.c gets red background. Switch to a.c: Changed also to red. Switch back to b.c: background is grey.

There is another strange effect: If switch between the edit windows by clicking the edit window tabs, the background color changes.

If switch between the edit windows by (single) clicking the file names in the "C/C++ Projects" view, the color is not switched! This is valid for all transitions.

So I can get a.c and b.c with grey background by clicking in b.c's editor tab, then in a.c's name in the Projects view, and so on.

Again: This is valid for "Background color" in Preferences->General->Editors->Text Editors->Appearance color option.

I tested "Line number foreground" and it behaves as I expect: System wide, not depending on "active" project, saved.

Oliver
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Oliver,

Yes, you are right. It seems that the "System Default" background color can't be kept after restart the DAVE.
BTW, I was wondering how can you switch between the edit windows by just single clicking the file names in the "C/C++ Projects" view?! I'm only able to open the particular edit window by double clicking the file name...

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Zain,

check "Link with Editor" in the "C/C++ Projects" view. Many Eclipse views offer this setting, e.g. also the "Project Explorer".

Oliver
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Since "active project" seems to be a DAVE (Tasking?) extension and not "plain vanilla eclipse", and nobody has a solution in this forum, I'm wondering about the best place to submit a support request.

Any experience with sending mail to dave@inf... or the "Tickets Manager"?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Oliver,

Thank you very much for the feedback. An enhancement request eTicket 981441220 has been submitted.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
Hello Sophia,

so regarding my question "best place to submit a support request", you suggest not to post issues here in the forum but in the "Tickets Manager"?

Please understand that I'm just asking for the most efficient way. If I know the "best practice", I'm also capable filing a ticket.

Best regards,

Oliver
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Oliver,

You are welcome to submit the ticket in the eTicketing system for the confirmed issues. However, we always encourage users to discuss the problems in the forum 1st before posting a ticket. The reason is forum itself provides a very good platform for knowledge sharing and problem clarification. From my viewpoint, all users should participate in the forum discussion, give comments and suggestions, do not limit to Infineon staff only...

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User7804
Level 4
Level 4
sophia wrote:
You are welcome to submit the ticket in the eTicketing system for the confirmed issues.

What do you mean by "confirmed issues"? Where shall I get confirmation before submitting a ticket?

However, we always encourage users to discuss the problems in the forum 1st before posting a ticket. The reason is forum itself provides a very good platform for knowledge sharing and problem clarification. From my viewpoint, all users should participate in the forum discussion, give comments and suggestions, do not limit to Infineon staff only...

Generally, I agree. But since Infineon makes money with the chips sold, it should work in a way causing least possible trouble for the user.

I guess you reanimated this thread and the "Restore editor state on startup doesn't work" thread as a result of my "Where to report errors in docs and sample code?" thread where I mentioned that there was no reaction for two weeks.

These are not the only open threads. Maybe you want to have a look at Admin rights to unpack sample code? How shall I know whether something is happening after my complaint if there is no reply?

Again, I'm happy to contribute knowledge in communities, but if I don't have the feeling my reports make things happen, I will stop investing time.
0 Likes