Automatically abort running debug session

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fraenky
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi, I am using an XMC-Link debugger and it happens very often, that I disconnect the power of my microcontroller board while a debug session is still running. As a consequence, the debugger is failing to read registers. But there are no timeout or abortion criteria, so it just keeps running, causing high CPU load, which is annoying because the fans will spin up after a while and if I want to start a new debug session later, I have to terminate the running one manually.

Is there a way to automatically terminate a debug session if power/connection loss occurs?

Is it possible to automatically terminate a running debug session if I start a new one? If I remember correctly, it worked that way with DAVE 3.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

It is not recommended to disconnect the power of your micro-controller board while a debug session is still running. And I agree you have to manually disconnect the debug session. We will pass this information to our development team for new tool updates.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

It is not recommended to disconnect the power of your micro-controller board while a debug session is still running. And I agree you have to manually disconnect the debug session. We will pass this information to our development team for new tool updates.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes