April, 28, 2016 New Release of DAVE™, DAVE™ APPs, XMC Lib and Device Support Pack

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Today we released new versions of DAVE, DAVE SDK, DAVE APPs, XMC Lib, Device Descriptions, and Device Support Pack.

DAVE v4.2.4 and DAVE SDK v4.2.4
Major focus of this release was performance improvements and fix of issues:
Major performance improvements are:

• Next transactions when creating a new project (about 80%)
  • Switching the active project (about 35%)
  • Open the signal connection dialog (about 50%)

DAVE APPs
We released 4 new DAVE APs and transferred two APPs form the contributed update site to the update site of Infineon developed APPs:

• HTTP_SERVER: To create a webserver
  • FTP_SERVER: To create an FTP server
  • BUS_IO: To control several IO pins simultaneously
  • PIN_INTERRUPT: To simplify generation of external interrupts
  • I2C_CONFIG: To configure a USIC channel for I2C functionality
  • MULTICAN_CONFIG: To configure a CAN Node of the MultiCAN module

3 DAVE APPs have been upgraded from Beta release to a Productive release
ADC_MEASUREMENT_ADV, FATFS, SDMMC_BLOCK

30 DAVER APPs have been enhanced or issues have been fixed.
All updates are full backward compatible.

DAVE Device Description
The device descriptions of the XMC4800 and XMC4700 series have been modified to correct issues

XMC Lib
11 Peripheral libraries have been updated (fix of issues , enhce of functionality).
All updates are full backward compatible.

Example Projects
Will be updated to new DAVE APP version within another few hours. Examples of new DAVE APPs will be provided in course of next week.

Further details and how to update.
Please download the detailed update information which includes more details, links to release notes and how the install the update.

Next releases of DAVE Apps and other libraries are planned by end of July 2016, next release of DAVE is planned by end of October 2016.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Not applicable
Hello,

my installation 4.2.4 seems to miss the "Available Software Sites" needed to update.

Could you please provide an XLM with this config or a complete screenshot of the needed section?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Hello Holger,

To update from DAVE v4.2.4 you need following installation sites:

http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/IDE
http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/DeviceExplorer
http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/Common
http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/SDK

They work for both, 64-bit and 43-bit installations

For those who want to try the ARM GCC compiler v5.0 can install it from this Installation site
http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/ARM-GCC-50

Starting with DAVE v4.2.2 it is possible to select the tool chain upon project creation.
But please note, the library artifacts are only full teste with GCC 4.9
0 Likes
User10538
Level 3
Level 3
The Upgrade-Path ("upgrade all APPs to latest productive version" is massivly broken in this release for my project (the last 2 upgrades always worked flawlessly).
First it didn't copy the -D XMC4500_F100x1024 for the C preprocessor, so I had 500+ Errors.

With this out of the way, still not possible to compile:

'Building file: ../Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.c'
'Invoking: ARM-GCC C Compiler'
"C:\DAVEv4\DAVE-4.1.4\eclipse\ARM-GCC-49/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -MMD -MT "Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.o" -DXMC4500_F144x1024 -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0\Libraries\XMCLib\inc" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0/Libraries/CMSIS/Include" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0/Libraries/CMSIS/Infineon/XMC4500_series/Include" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0\Dave\Generated" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0\Libraries" -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -std=gnu99 -mfloat-abi=softfp -Wa,-adhlns="Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.o.lst" -pipe -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.d" -MT"Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.d Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.o" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mthumb -g -gdwarf-2 -o "Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.o" "../Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.c"
'Finished building: ../Libraries/Newlib/syscalls.c'

'Building file: ../Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.c'
In file included from ../Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.c:64:0:
'Invoking: ARM-GCC C Compiler'
../Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.h:80:23: fatal error: uart_conf.h: No such file or directory
"C:\DAVEv4\DAVE-4.1.4\eclipse\ARM-GCC-49/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -MMD -MT "Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.o" -DXMC4500_F144x1024 -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0\Libraries\XMCLib\inc" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0/Libraries/CMSIS/Include" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0/Libraries/CMSIS/Infineon/XMC4500_series/Include" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0\Dave\Generated" -I"C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.1\oc2_Upgraded_0\Libraries" -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -std=gnu99 -mfloat-abi=softfp -Wa,-adhlns="Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.o.lst" -pipe -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.d" -MT"Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.d Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.o" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mthumb -g -gdwarf-2 -o "Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.o" "../Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.c"
Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/subdir.mk:18: recipe for target 'Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.o' failed
#include "uart_conf.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.o] Error 1

I believe it has something to do with the syscalls.c, which you changed.
In the previous versions you had stubs in there like
__attribute__((weak)) int _open(const char *name, int flags, int mode);

Which I then redefined in my code.
What are the steps now to customize newlib functions?
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

From the log you provided, it seems the error is not has nothing to do with the syscalls.c. The changes are already made in the February release. The compilation error from the log in the mail:“../Dave/Model/APPS/UART/v4_1_6/Templates/uart.h:80:23: fatal error: uart_conf.h: No such file or directory”. It seems to be error with the UART APP as it is responsible to geneate the uart_conf.h.

Can you try to do an "APPs Upgrade" to migrate to the latest DAVE APPs in your project. Generate the code and recompile to see if the error is still present.
Also, is it possible that you provide your project for our analysis?

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10538
Level 3
Level 3
Hi, thanks for the reply.

In the meantime I could resolve the issue.
Somehow when upgrading, my debug/release configs in eclipse got mingled up (thats also why -D XMC4500_F100x1024 was missing).
After deleting all configs and setting them up again, the errors disappeared and the app update then worked too.

Also a minor annoyance of the upgrade process is that a main.c is regenerated every time, even though i have a main.cpp present. So the initial build after an upgrade always fails untill i delete the file.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Glad that you managed to get your project working again.

Thanks for the feedback on the regeneration of the main.c file upon upgrade. Let me check if there are any options that can be done to suppress the file generation.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

I have filed an eticket for the regeneration of main.c even when a main.cpp is present.
The cdorresponding eticket (#203351440) has been filed and can be viewed from the following:
https://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgrou...

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10538
Level 3
Level 3
Great, thank you.
0 Likes