App Download

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have downloaded today this new Dave 3, installation was OK and I could create a simple program, but from where the heck can I download these apps?
0 Likes
11 Replies
Markus_Kroh
Employee
Employee
Dear eewf45,

The DAVE Apps can be downloaded from DAVE3 :
Press >Help > Install Apps Library, then select from the combo box “DAVE Apps Library Manager”

After a short moment there should be the items “Libraray_DAVEApps” and Library_DAVEDeviceDescription” visible.

Now select the top level box to install all DAVE Apps and all devices descriptions (device resource model) and press “Next” ….

After downloading you have to create a new “DAVE CE” project and all the DAVE Apps should be visible in the App selection view.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello, I wish to ask when new Apps for DAVE3 like CAN, SPI, I2C, UART will be realesed? On the website it is writed that new Apps will be realesed until in the end of May. Thank You.
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Hello dorinjj,
An update of the DAVE Apps library is now available. It includes the following new DAVE Apps; UART001, I2C001, NVIC_SCU001 (SCU interrupt) and TMPS001 (temperature sensor) plus an update of the clock App, IO004, DMA002 and NVIC DMA. To update press in DAVE3 >Help >Check for DAVE App Updates.
We also have added additional device models (device descriptions) to support now all devices from the XMC4500 series, they need to be downloaded separately: > Help > Install DAVE Apps/ Example Library, then select DAVE App Library Manager.

SPI and CAN App is planned to be released in CW 24.

Example project for the new DAVE Apps usually follow within a week or so.

Best regards,
Georg Huba
0 Likes
Not applicable
Georg Huba wrote:
SPI and CAN App is planned to be released in CW 24.

Could you tell me please what does "CW 24" mean? They will be released in Week 24, between June 11, 2012 and June 17, 2012?

Thank You.
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
dorinjj wrote:
Could you tell me please what does "CW 24" mean? They will be released in Week 24, between June 11, 2012 and June 17, 2012?

Exactly, CW 24 means calendar week 24, it is most likely on June, 14

Best regards,

Georg Huba
0 Likes
Not applicable
It seems that I have problems with the direct download of the libraries - even with firewall down. Are these links in the library manager wizard correct?

http://dave.infineon.com/Libraries/DAVEApps/XMC4500/v3.1/
http://dave.infineon.com/Libraries/Examples/XMC4000/

When I try to validate the links they become inactive. Is there a download link for the example library as well?
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
These links only work from DAVE 3, you cannot access them directly.
You can download the DAVE Apps library as zip file from here.

http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/DAVE_3_Support_Portal/DAVE_Apps_download.ht...

Unzip after download then:
>Help >Install DAVE Apps / Example Library, press “Add,” press “Local” and browse to the unzipped folder of the file: daveSite.xml
0 Likes
Not applicable
It is no problem for me to add the apps via download of the zip file. This works and I do this all the time.

However, the examples - you also were referring in another reply to me don't seem to be part of the zip file. Those seem to me only be available directly from DAVE but this doesn't work. The links are marked as inactive.
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Hi Josimar,

Yes the internet connection from CDT is sometimes a bit shaky.

If you are outside of a firewall that requires a proxy it should work when you select in the Network Connection preferences “Direct”

If you are inside a firewall that requires a proxy, then this proxy needs to be configured in your internet explorer and then it should be selectable as “Native” dynamic HTTP host in the Network Connection preferences.

See also page 11 on this pdf: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/DAVE_3_Support_Portal/Video_tutorial.html

Hope this helps.

Georg
0 Likes
hongqiang
Employee
Employee
hi,geora.

I used dave3.1.2 just now, I meet with problem regarding dave3, need favor to ask you.

When I clink “ Help—install apps/example library”, then message boxes error:
"Apps library manager

library store does not found,configure the library store using Dave prefrence page"

thank you
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Georg,

Indeed, that was a big help - it works after changing to "direct".

Thank you!

Josimar
0 Likes