TLI4971 standard settings and single-ended mode

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaKu_4284131
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

I want to use the TLI4971-A050T5-U-E0001 in Single-Ended Output Mode. 

The datasheet says "The pre-configured output mode is set to semi-differential mode." "The sensor can be reprogrammed into single-ended operating mode or fully-differential mode by user without any recalibration of the device."

Do I need to reprogram the device? If so, what is the cheapest way to do that for a one-off scenario? If I follow the strategy in Current Sensor TLI4971 Programming Guide and User Manual,  "1.2 In-circuit programming with external Programmer", what would be a good choice for the external programmer? Can the TLI4971_MS2GO program an external chip? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
grambich
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First question asked 5 replies posted

Hi @CaKu_4284131 ,

For changing the output configuration you can use the MS2GO which temporarily changes the output configuration. After power down the initial configuration will be present. --> cheapest solution

For a permanent change you need to go for a programmer:

(1) in-circuit programming: 1 pin for control of Vdd / 1 pin for communication on Aout / 1 pin for applying 20V programming voltage on OCD2 

(2) external in-circuit-programmer: same pins as in-circuit but through a connector on the pcb

(3) external programming in dedicated setup

external programmers can be bought at Infineon (laboratory usage) or at our partner CGS (industrial grade including 24/7 support)

Kind regards,

Klaus Grambichler

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @CaKu_4284131 ,

The cheapest option would be to use TLI4971_MS2GO.

Please refer : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLI4971_MS2GO_S2Go-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46270...  for detailed steps.

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
grambich
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First question asked 5 replies posted

Hi @CaKu_4284131 ,

For changing the output configuration you can use the MS2GO which temporarily changes the output configuration. After power down the initial configuration will be present. --> cheapest solution

For a permanent change you need to go for a programmer:

(1) in-circuit programming: 1 pin for control of Vdd / 1 pin for communication on Aout / 1 pin for applying 20V programming voltage on OCD2 

(2) external in-circuit-programmer: same pins as in-circuit but through a connector on the pcb

(3) external programming in dedicated setup

external programmers can be bought at Infineon (laboratory usage) or at our partner CGS (industrial grade including 24/7 support)

Kind regards,

Klaus Grambichler

0 Likes
CaKu_4284131
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

Thanks, Deepa and Klaus. 

Ideally, what I'm looking for is something ratiometric to the Vref of the ADC in my (3.3 V) MCU. It doesn't look like I can get that with Semi-Differential Output Mode, and it doesn't look like programming the TLI4971 is practical for small volumes.

0 Likes