TLE4972 Maximum Absolute Magnetic Flux

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shaun_pye
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

The sensitivity settings and full-scale output voltage range define the maximum difference in magnetic flux we can measure between the two hall elements. What is not clear from the datasheet, is the maximum magnetic flux each hall element can experience without saturation or signal deterioration. Do you have this information available?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Adithya_S
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 replies posted

Hi Shaun,

The maximum field that can be applied is 31 mT, this is the maximum field that can be converted by the signal conditioning circuit. Also, sensor will not be destroyed if more field is applied to it, although it will be saturated.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and regards,

Adithya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Adithya_S

Hii Shaun,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Looking into your question, " maximum flux each hall element can experience without saturation or signal deterioration", Infineon monolithic Hall technology enables accurate and highly linear measurements of the magnetic field caused by the currents. With a full scale of +/- 31 mT, TLE4972 current sensor is capable of measuring upto 2000A.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Adithya

0 Likes
shaun_pye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adithya, 
The information you have mentioned is clear from the datasheet, but let me re-phrase what I am trying to determine. 31mT is the maximum Bdiff where Bdiff is defined by the formula in datasheet as follows:

shaun_pye_0-1675247040633.png

Can you tell me what is the maximum specification for B_IPN? If the sensor is offset from centre on the busbar. then one hall element output will be smaller, and the second one will be larger. In this case, Bdiff can be <= 31mT but an individual B_IPN can be be larger than 31mT in certain applications. So I am trying to determine the maximum specification for an individual B_IPN quantity. 

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi Shaun,

The maximum field that can be applied is 31 mT, this is the maximum field that can be converted by the signal conditioning circuit. Also, sensor will not be destroyed if more field is applied to it, although it will be saturated.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and regards,

Adithya

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi Shaun,

Hope you are doing good. I hope your query was solved, please confirm the same so that we can resolve the thread.

Thanks and regards,
Adithya

0 Likes
shaun_pye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adithya, 

Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunately I would say no, since you didn't acknowledge the details of my question. We can abandon this however. I wanted to understand total device limits if we were operating close to the edge but for now we can avoid this in current designs. 

Thanks,
Shaun

0 Likes
Adithya_S

Hi Shaun,

There will be no destruction of the hall element by high or very high fields.

Thanks and regards,
Adithya

0 Likes