Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dhruv1997
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 5 questions asked

-> I have XENSIV magnetic current sensor programmer kit and TLI4971 evaluation board. I want to configure the current sensor by using GUI tool. So I have downloaded latest TLx4971 Current sensor Evaluation App  from developer center launcher in windows PC. I have downloaded all required drivers. 

-> I have connected programmer with current sensor kit using flex cable. And I have connected programmer with my PC by using USB. D1 LED is glowing in current sensor kit so PC is able to detect the COM port. Please find the attachment for same.

-> But then I am not able to select the Devices. Means current sensor is not able to communicate with application. Please let me know if I missing anything here.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sunil_P
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hi @dhruv1997 ,

The attached image isn't very clear, but the hardware test setup (connections.jpg) looks like this:

Sunil_0-1677825053782.png

After the setup is complete, the user should connect the programmer board to the PC via USB, and then open the GUI SW  to start the communication. The USB connection is successful when LED D1 on the programmer board blinks. As I can see blinking LED in the attached picture(connections.jpg), but is it "LED D1"? 

After installing the current sensor Evaluation kit, you will need to install the FTDI CDM Driver if it is not already installed.

Check if the driver is installed properly. Go to Device Manager and check if you have "RS232 HS". If not, reinstall the driver software.

Also, try replacing the USB cable, as some  USB cable are not suitable for data transfer i.e charging cable only. 

You can also refer to previous similar thread : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Current-Magnetic-sensor/Program-TLI4971-using-programmer/td-p/3658...

I hope you got it, I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Sunil.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sunil_P
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hi @dhruv1997 ,

The attached image isn't very clear, but the hardware test setup (connections.jpg) looks like this:

Sunil_0-1677825053782.png

After the setup is complete, the user should connect the programmer board to the PC via USB, and then open the GUI SW  to start the communication. The USB connection is successful when LED D1 on the programmer board blinks. As I can see blinking LED in the attached picture(connections.jpg), but is it "LED D1"? 

After installing the current sensor Evaluation kit, you will need to install the FTDI CDM Driver if it is not already installed.

Check if the driver is installed properly. Go to Device Manager and check if you have "RS232 HS". If not, reinstall the driver software.

Also, try replacing the USB cable, as some  USB cable are not suitable for data transfer i.e charging cable only. 

You can also refer to previous similar thread : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Current-Magnetic-sensor/Program-TLI4971-using-programmer/td-p/3658...

I hope you got it, I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Sunil.

0 Likes

-> Thanks. I am able to download the GUI tool from this link.(https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/search.html#!term=Exclussive%20access%20for%20TLE4972%20Evaluation%2... . ) And I am able to program the current sensor by using this tool. 

-> The driver are correctly installed. And connection with current sensor and XMC board is also correct. Actually I was facing the issue in new tool which is available at  this link. (https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.tlx4971currentsensorsevaluationapp?_ga=2.16...). I am getting .Net related error windows 10 that's why it is not working for me. 

-> Once again thank you.

0 Likes