CY7C65630 thermal pad connect to GND?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
naser
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

The datasheet is not clear. Should the thermal pad on CY7C65630 be connected to GND?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

The E-PAD(thermal pad, fins of TO-220) is generally connected to the lowest voltage handled by the device.

For example, a negative LDO should be connected to the input voltage (-Vin), and a dual-supply op amp should be connected to negative voltage(V-).

Sometimes the E-PAD is not connected inside the device just for heat dissipation.

If only the E-PAD is soldered and not connected anywhere on the board, the noise immunity will be reduced because it will be an high impedance pattern.

Therefore, I think that HX2LP should be connected to GND.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

The E-PAD(thermal pad, fins of TO-220) is generally connected to the lowest voltage handled by the device.

For example, a negative LDO should be connected to the input voltage (-Vin), and a dual-supply op amp should be connected to negative voltage(V-).

Sometimes the E-PAD is not connected inside the device just for heat dissipation.

If only the E-PAD is soldered and not connected anywhere on the board, the noise immunity will be reduced because it will be an high impedance pattern.

Therefore, I think that HX2LP should be connected to GND.

Regards,

0 Likes