Why can't I reply?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mark63122
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi, Seems everything I look at is locked and the reply button is greyed out. I got a message when I tried to reply to a post that said " Sorry, either you cannot reply to the topic or you have not verified your email address by clicking on the verification link in the email we sent you when you registered".  I have  been a member since Sept 22, 2021. I cant find the original registration email.  How do I get permission to reply to a post?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution
axelpeterwolf
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First like received First reply posted

That's all good, but please consider changing the misleading error message to something more meaningful, e.g.:
"This post has been locked after providing an accepted solution, therefore you can't reply to it."

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vishnu
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
10 comments on blog 50 likes received 50 replies posted

Hello @mark63122 , could you please share the link to the post you are trying to reply? 

Meanwhile @Sharit_S , please check Mark's profile and if required share the steps to regenerate the verification email. 

Thanks,

Vishnu

0 Likes
vishnu
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since you could ask this question without issues, chances are less this is due to verification; but we want to cover all possible scenarios nonetheless. 

0 Likes

Here is the post I was interested in but can't reply. Thank you for the help and speedy response!!

https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/CYBLE-222014-01-Bluetooth-5-1/m-p/283316

Mark

0 Likes
vishnu
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mark63122 , 

This post has been locked after providing an accepted solution, and hence replying is not allowed. 

Here's how it works -

• Community member asks a question, and other community members or an Infineon moderator (support engineer) engages to understand the issue better. 
  • After a few interactions, one of the replies would be most likely a correct answer. 
  • Author of the question can mark the correct reply as accepted solution.
  • If the author doesn't respond further or didn't pick any correct answer, after a few days, Infineon moderator picks the most appropriate reply and mark it as accepted solution. Only the author of a question, and Infineon moderators can do this. 
  • If no further engagement is happening, Infineon moderator locks the post so that new questions on the topic are asked separately, and are properly tracked to closure. This is why you couldn't reply.

In this case, if you are interested in a follow up question, we would recommend asking your question in the PSoC4 community (https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/bd-p/psoc4). 

If you feel the accepted solution is wrong, you can share that feedback from the same page (you will see a prompt asking if the answer is indeed helpful - ref below screenshot), and the moderator will connect and work with you to solve it. 

Hope this helps!

vishnu_0-1652111943382.png

Thanks,

Vishnu Nair

Community Manager

0 Likes
axelpeterwolf
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First like received First reply posted

That's all good, but please consider changing the misleading error message to something more meaningful, e.g.:
"This post has been locked after providing an accepted solution, therefore you can't reply to it."

vishnu
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sure, I have passed this to our technical team. 

0 Likes