Socially responsible advertising

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
To whom it may concern:

I am posting to express my concern regarding your advertising for the ISOFACE series of products.

How does a virtually naked blatantly female android with the tag line "Attractive package" represent a line of switches? Would not a gender neutral version be just as relevant?

Is this really the type of message Infineon supports and wants to promote?

Please review this advertisement strategy in light of your own internal policy (emphasis added): "At Infineon, we work together with women and men of various nationalities, cultures, religions, and skin colors. Hence, we will not tolerate any discrimination, harassment or offence based on color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, union or political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or family status against an Infineon Employee or a business partner. Any forms of sexual harassment, corporal punishment, physical coercion and verbal abuse are prohibited, as well as any intimidating hostile or offensive conduct. "
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/corporate/investor/corporate-governance/conduct-guidelines/behavioral...

I, for one, am offended by this ad.

Nathan
0 Likes
2 Replies
forix
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Dear Nathan,

Thanks so much for your message.

Of course it was never in our intention to create an ad that could be perceived offensive. We will check the respective ad and highly value your feedback.
0 Likes
forix
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Dear Nathan,

We have checked the ad and it has been adjusted accordingly.

By no means it was our intention to be offensive.

Thank you again for your hint.
0 Likes