Terminal Support Component Library

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

To all,

I've enhanced some of my previously submitted code shares (Terminal Component - Simplifies UART or USBUART communication and GetString() function that supports input character filtering.  Includes menu-driven commands. ).

I've now expanded these previous submits and placed them in a Component Library that can be easily shared with all your projects and with other users.

Here is a list of the components in the library:

• Term - Terminal (UART) replacement that can be configured as UART or USBUART types.
  • String_Funcs - This is an enhancement of the GetString() function.  It is easier to use.
  • MenuCmds - This feature was included in the GetString demo code I shared earlier.  It is now a component with some improvements.

With each of the Components, I have include at least one demo project for each component to illustrate how these components can be used.

I've also included datasheets for the Components, the demo projects and a instructional on how to install a library/component to be shared across all your projects.

All the components have the source code included for educational purposes.  If you know how to write component code, you can modify it.

The components String_Funcs and MenuCmds are designed to work with ANY PSoC. (They are mostly library functions.)

The Term component currently only works with the PSoC5.

I hope everyone who download's this component will find it useful.

Len

Message was edited by: Len Update: Added PSoC6 and PSoC4 demo code examples.

Message was edited by: Len  Update: Added two more PSoC4 demo code examples. Both using the SCB_UART component and one of them with a Bootladable (-049 kit).

Message was edited by: Leonard Poma This library includes the latest version (2.3) of Term. Attached is also two demo examples of using Term.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Len,

Thank you for providing Terminal Support Component Library.

The datasheet provided with all the three components are detailed.

They contain all the information necessary to use the components.

I appreciate your valuable input on this.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
28 Replies