Real-tiime OS "ARTS"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Hello Community!

For those of you that live on the northern hemisphere the "Dark Times" have begun. Time to stay at home instead of strolling through the nature, much time to evaluate something new.

I have written a simple RTOS (Real-Time Operating System) and I want to give it to the PSoC community. At first I provide you with a script to make you comfortable with the general concepts of RTOSses. Read that first, I would be glad for any comments on it.

The supplied project archive is made for the CY8CKIT-044 PSoC® 4 M-Series Pioneer Kit and is using some of the on-board hardware, as the accelerometer and the daylight sensor. The project needs a terminal emulation program on the PC and will display its result on the computer screen.

The RTOS (I named it ARTS) would run on a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC® 4 M-Series Prototyping Kit, but due to the lack of additional hardware it could be a bit boring to watch an LED blinking. When you have set up some external hardware as sensors or actuators it can get interesting again.

I have to admit, there is no manual for ARTS. I did my very best to describe the APIs in the ARTS.h file. I would suggest you to go through that description. Any comments welcome.

Bob

9 Replies