PSoC6 BLE Beacon and Scanner Creator projects.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

To all,

I'm fairly new to the BLE world.   I've started reading the 3000+ page BLE specification that is freely available to everyone.  Yikes!

I decided to focus my energies on the simplest parts of BLE which cover the advertisement channels only.  In pursuit of better understanding of parts of the BLE features, I created two projects I'd like to share with this community that became highly instructional to me.

The first project is called "Broadcast Role (Beacon)".   It is a project where the PSoC6 ONLY transmits on the advertising channels.  It does not accept connections from another BLE module.  It has a number of parameters that can modified in real-time by the user using an intuitive terminal interface.

The second project is called "Observer Role (Scanner)".  It is a project where the PSoC6 ONLY listens to the advertising channels and displays reports about the received data.  It has a number of parameters that can modified in real-time by the user using an intuitive terminal interface.

Both these projects can be modified to enhance or customize data specifics for your application.

Build Requirements:

• These two projects were targeted for the inexpensive CY8CPROTO-063-BLE board.  It is possible that these projects can be converted to run on other boards that build under PSoC Creator.
  • PsoC Creator 4.3 or higher.
  • PDL 3.10. Higher PDL revisions should work but have not been tested.
  • To access the needed String_Funcs Component and MenuCmds Component for the build.  Refer to this link to access these component libraries: Terminal Support Component Library #Aux_Comps

I hope this aids in your understanding of some of the features of the BLE.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Replies