FX3S RAID0 storage disk

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasuc_3814096
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

When I download the code of RAID0 with both of the SD cards inserted, I can not display any storage?. I get  "no disk inserted" even tho the two SD cards are inserted.Thanks in advance for your help.

regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I attached a working RAID-0 firmware on RAID-1 USB dongle with the above said modifications. You may use it for testing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please specify what is the hardware that you are using for this test?

0 Likes
dasuc_3814096
Level 2
Level 2

fx3s board with two SD cards and I am using fx3s_Raid0 example code but I do not get any storage capacity?

0 Likes

Which board you are using? Is it USB RAID 1 Dongle or FX3S -FPGA DVK?

0 Likes
dasuc_3814096
Level 2
Level 2

usb RAID 1 Dongle

0 Likes
dasuc_3814096
Level 2
Level 2

yes RAID1 is working fine but I am trying to test RAID 0 https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ez-usb-fx3s-sdmmc-backed-raid-0-example .

0 Likes

You may need to modify the RAID0 firmware in order to make it work on RAID-1 Dongle hardware.

Please check the both the codes (RAID 1 and RAID 0) and do necessary modifications.

0 Likes
dasuc_3814096
Level 2
Level 2

Can u kindly explain the modifications that is needed to be done?

0 Likes

Edited: Corrected the GPIO number in the comments and point 3.

You need to do the following in RAID-0 example firmware to work on RAID-1 USB dongle.

1. Map low voltage switch GPIO to GPIO 12 and GPIO 13 for card 0 and card 1 respectively
  2. Set GPIO 14 and 15 to high. These GPIOs controls the VDD supply of the SD cards respectively.

3. In configuring SIB interface using CyU3PSibSetIntfParams API, pass GPIO 12 to                intfParams.voltageSwGpio for card 0 and GPIO 13 for card 1 as follows

intfParams.voltageSwGpio   = VSEL_S0_GPIO;           /* Use GPIO_12 for voltage switch on S0  port. */

status = CyU3PSibSetIntfParams (0, &intfParams);

if (status == CY_U3P_SUCCESS)

{

intfParams.voltageSwGpio = VSEL_S1_GPIO;               /* Use GPIO_13 for voltage switch on S1 port. */

status = CyU3PSibSetIntfParams (1, &intfParams);

}

You may use the following macros.

#define VSEL_S0_GPIO   12

#define VSEL_S1_GPIO   13

#define VSD0_GPIO      14

#define VSD1_GPIO      15

Refer CyFxMscApplnGpioInit function in RAID -1 example firmware for configuring the GPIOs.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I attached a working RAID-0 firmware on RAID-1 USB dongle with the above said modifications. You may use it for testing.

0 Likes

Hope that the attached firmware worked on RAID 1 Dongle.

I have tested on my end. It is working fine.

0 Likes