Annotation library for CY8CKIT-059 Prototyping Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi,
I am uploading a library of small off-chip components for annotation of the CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP Prototyping Kit.

The KIT-059 component shows all on-board capacitors and pins with direct connections to the OpAmps, DACs, SARs, I2C, UART, LED and XTAL. It helps visualizing ports and pins and making connection diagrams for CY8CKIT-059 Prototyping Kit.

The accompanying library contains few small-sized off-chip annotation components (resistor, capacitors, OpAmps, DAC, etc.). The components are about 50% smaller than their stock analogs, allowing for tighter schematic placement.

The demo project shows all-analog PID control of the levitationg globe, implemented in CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP Prototyping Kit, with annotation diagram created using KIT-059 component.

Attached archive contains component library, a demo project and enlarged picture of the Prototyping Kit. Last tested under Creator 3.3 CP3.

regards,
odissey1

//==============================================================================================

//                                                                       ANNOUNCEMENT

//

//==============================================================================================

New version of the Annotation Library (v1.0) is available for download in the Community Code Examples section:

PSoC Annotation Library v1.0

Please note that the Library structure has been re-worked entirely, so that old components (Resistor, Capacitor, etc. will not upgrade). The KIT-059 will update OK.

I recommend to use v1.0 of the Library for new projects, while keeping old projects as-is.

Message was edited by: odissey1 (Aug 01, 2019)

9 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Attached are demo screenshots of the KIT-059 library and an example project from YouTube (levitating Globe using PSoC5) annotated using KIT-059 library:

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Great odissey1!!! I will use them for sure 😄

Carlos

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Hi oddisey,

I'm trying to do some similar annotation figures (PWM, clk, etc), looking at your library i think you made the background as an separated image and then imported it to cysym file and then added the instance name over the background image, if so, by any chance do you remember the size of the grid on the cysym file? kind of painful working with the cysym to draw "freely".

Thanks in advance, i will upload the annotation figures when done.

Carlos

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Actual spacing between terminal is as comes from Creator installation and is 6 a.u. (whatever units are used in FormatShape->Size->X,Y.

0 Likes

5mm? 5 px?

Anyway i'm at school, will try later today all the options.

Thanks for the fast reply 🙂

0 Likes
lock attach
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Hi odissey, i had added a couple of symbols (PWM and Clock), and changed the Component Placement option to be the same as your components, but i'm unable to find the PWM and Clock symbols on the test project :/.

Can you take a look on the attached project to see if you can find what i'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Likes
lock attach

Carlos,

Attached is updated library. Few remarks: (i) somehow your library project contains top schematics. Create library project and import into it all necessary components. (ii) If you modifying existing library, rename it (what if I continue to debug and modify the original one). (iii). This is a tough one. I created a new add-on library (attached) and imported your components. The Clock and KIT-059_FULL were visible, but PWM is not. It becomes visible if renamed to "PWM1". I tried to rename it to various other names: "ABC", "PWM_1", "PWMsm", etc. - they don't show in the catalog. Mistery. 

P.S. I will be travelling on Monday.  

0 Likes

Hi Odissey,

Thanks for the help, yes i will create a new library and add all the needed components. Also just realize that the Clock component is available.

Will try to do the PWM component from scratch again, and see if i can make it work.

Thanks for all the suggestions and have a good travel 😄

Carlos

0 Likes
        I actually rebuilt PWM component from SmallCap one just adding your picture. I suggest to file case support.   
0 Likes