Programmer for reading/programming CY22393

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
msn47
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello,

I am trying to read and program the CY22393FXC, i need to get a programmer that is able to do those operations but im not sure which one will be the best for my needs. Please guide me on good programmers for this device.

Thank you,

Mason

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @msn47,

You don't require any programmer to read the JEDEC file. You can use our CyberClocks software to read it, as shown in my previous responses.

As far as programming is concerned, we don't have any programmers. You can go with some third parties- BP Microsystems, HiLo, Elnec, and Leap Semiconductor in Taiwan.

Thanks,
Ritwick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Ritwick_S

Hi @msn47,

> Could you please let me know the new I2C address so that I can modify the jedec file and provide you with the updated jedec?

> Also, could you please let me know what you want to read from CY22393FXC? Do you want to read the content of the registers?

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes
msn47
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

We have 4 devices on a board, with addresses 0x69, 0x6a, 0x6b, and 0x6c.

We would like to be able to read back the jedec file.

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

Hi @msn47,

> May I know your clock output requirements? The jedec file you shared has every output turned off.

> You can know the register contents using the jedec file and CyberClocks software (as shown in the image). Could you please confirm if you are looking for this info?

ritwicksharma_0-1662136329936.png

Thanks,

Ritwick

0 Likes

Hi Ritwick,

from my understanding, we use the default values for everything. the only thing we seemed to have changed is just the serial address for i2c communication. i wish we knew more, but that information has been lost throughout the last 10 or so years. this is why we wanted to get a programmer so we can read back what is programmed on the CY22393 device and regain that information we lost. 
Sorry for not being able to provide you with all the necessary details, I greatly appreciate the help you have given me.

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

Hi @msn47,

You can use the CyberClocks software for it. You just have to open the jedec files using that software to see all the configurations. Below is the image that shows your configurations.

ritwicksharma_0-1662628783583.png

You can see in the image all the outputs are off. Also, for changing the I2C address, there is a field "Serial Device Address" at the bottom of the image. You can enter the new address there.

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes

Hi again Ritwick, 
Thank you for the clarification. We just need a programmer to be able to read the JEDEC file from the already programmed CY22393 devices. 
Do you have any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

Hi @msn47,

You don't require any programmer to read the JEDEC file. You can use our CyberClocks software to read it, as shown in my previous responses.

As far as programming is concerned, we don't have any programmers. You can go with some third parties- BP Microsystems, HiLo, Elnec, and Leap Semiconductor in Taiwan.

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes
ross
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins Welcome!

OK I have the same problem.( over time lost the orginal JEDEC file)  Using an Arduino I have read out the regs from an old CY22393 used on our board.   how do I make a JEDEC file from this data?

Reading...
address = 08H to 17H
0264 0264 0000 0554 5500 0000 0000 0000
address = 40H to 57H
0011 5800 1158 0011 5800 1158 0207 C002 07C0 0207 C002 07C0

0 Likes