How to reprogram CY22393 to change the I2C address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
msn47
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello, I was wondering what is needed to reprogram the CY22393. It came programmed with the default serial address of 69H, but I need to change the address to something different for project use. I also have questions on the set up, reading back, it looks like I2C programming can only be used for volatile memory. Will i need to pick up a programmer to reprogram the serial address? Also, any tips and tricks to help me get started with reprogramming the CY22393 device would be greatly appreciated. i couldn't only find posts about this product and my specific issue unless they were from 2008-2009. so i wasnt sure how valid those post still were.
Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

This query has been answered in a different thread.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ritwick_S

Hi @msn47,

Regarding I2C programming, you are correct. It configures the volatile memory. And hence on every power cycle, you will lose those configurations.

> Could you please let us know the complete MPN of the part you are using?

Regarding reprogramming, please gives us some time to check and get back to you.

Thanks,
Ritwick

Thanks for the reply. Thats good to know, we still have some options to weigh out. Please take the time you need, i appreciate the help.
The MPN is: CY22393FXC

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

Hi @msn47,

> Could you please let us know how many samples you need to reprogram?

> Also, could you please share your jedec file with us?

Thanks,

Ritwick

0 Likes

we need to program around 50 devices. Id also like the capability of reading the device back. What would be a few programmer options that we would be able to read and program these devices with?
id send the jedec file but its an unsupported file type and im unsure how to attach it.

0 Likes
Ritwick_S

This query has been answered in a different thread.

0 Likes