How do I program a CY2545 Clock Generator??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've inherited a design from an engineer that has since left my company that uses a CY2545 clock generator. I should be able to program this device via the I2C bus, but I can't find any documentation about programming this device.

The device isn't supported by CyClocks, CyClocks RT or Robo Clock either!

Does anybody have some familiarity with theis device or have any advice on how to program this device?

Thanks,

Paul D.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bitmap is rather complicated, so it is not integrated into the data sheet. Usually Cypress provides the details when customers are getting ready to design. In general terms, I2C can be used to change the output frequencies, turn outputs on and off, and change spread spectrum percentages. Output frequency control can involve changing the PLL frequencies, output divider values, and PLL to output routing. All of these variables can be changed. When changing the PLL frequency, it's also possible to turn spread spectrum on or off. This and other PLL changes generally require writing multiple bytes. Output drive strength is also configurable.

At this time, since Cypress lacks the requested documentation, the support model is to work one-on-one with customers to provide the desired configurations and bitstreams, based on the customer's needs.

Attached is a spreadsheet which has two tabs. The first tab, 'CY25400_REQUEST', lists all the questions we need the customer to answer in order to generate their configuration(s). The second tab, 'I2C-Bitmap Basics' gives some general information about the kinds of things one can change via the I2C bus.

You need to create a Technical Support Case with the details filled in the sheet.

Regards,

Mohnish.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bitmap is rather complicated, so it is not integrated into the data sheet. Usually Cypress provides the details when customers are getting ready to design. In general terms, I2C can be used to change the output frequencies, turn outputs on and off, and change spread spectrum percentages. Output frequency control can involve changing the PLL frequencies, output divider values, and PLL to output routing. All of these variables can be changed. When changing the PLL frequency, it's also possible to turn spread spectrum on or off. This and other PLL changes generally require writing multiple bytes. Output drive strength is also configurable.

At this time, since Cypress lacks the requested documentation, the support model is to work one-on-one with customers to provide the desired configurations and bitstreams, based on the customer's needs.

Attached is a spreadsheet which has two tabs. The first tab, 'CY25400_REQUEST', lists all the questions we need the customer to answer in order to generate their configuration(s). The second tab, 'I2C-Bitmap Basics' gives some general information about the kinds of things one can change via the I2C bus.

You need to create a Technical Support Case with the details filled in the sheet.

Regards,

Mohnish.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I got it from Digi-key and what to do now?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        You need to create a Technical Support Case with the details filled in the sheet. Config Template is attached here again where you can fill your requirements by answering the questions in CY25400_Request tab.   
0 Likes