Help needed - how to put CY22801 clock synthesiser IC into I2C mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AdamWilsonCPI
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi all,

I'm using the CY22801 clock synthesiser on a project with a Xilinx Zynq SoC and Yocto.

I'm developing a C driver and IIO wrapper for use with Linux.

However, I'm not getting a response from the IC via I2C as it seems to be pulling on the SCL line.

Pin 3 (SDAT / FS0 / VCXO / OE / PD# - serial interface data line / frequency select 0 / VCXO analog control voltage / Output Enable / Power-down) and pin 5 (CLKB / FS1 / SCLK - clock output B / frequency select 1 / serial interface clock line) are multi-function pins. How am I supposed to configure this IC for use with I2C?

Many thanks,

Adam

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @AdamWilsonCPI,

While configuring Jedec through CyClocksRT software, if Pin3 (SDAT) and Pin5 (SCLK) is not configured for any functionality, the jedec file automatically gets configured with I2C Enable Functionality with default I2C address as 69 H.

Thanks,

Ritwick

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @AdamWilsonCPI,

Please refer to pg# 5 of the datasheet, where all the possible combinations of the Multifunction Pins are mentioned.

Combination G is of your use.

ritwicksharma_0-1677473536124.png

Thanks,

Ritwick

Thanks Ritwick 😊 How do I set combination G onto the IC?

0 Likes

Hi @AdamWilsonCPI,

While configuring Jedec through CyClocksRT software, if Pin3 (SDAT) and Pin5 (SCLK) is not configured for any functionality, the jedec file automatically gets configured with I2C Enable Functionality with default I2C address as 69 H.

Thanks,

Ritwick

Thanks Ritwick 😊 I have a few additional questions.

1. Where can I download the latest version of CyClocksRT?
  2. How do I program the Jedec file onto the CY22801 hardware using CyClocksRT?
  3. Does this require proprietary programming hardware, and if so, where can I purchase this?

Many thanks,

Adam

0 Likes

Hi @AdamWilsonCPI,

> You can find the latest version of Cyberclocks here.

> For programming related queries, please refer to the thread.

Thanks,

Ritwick

Thanks Ritwick 😊

Where can we buy the CY3675 kit and a CY22801 specific adapter card?

0 Likes

Hi @AdamWilsonCPI,

These are out of stock at the moment, but if you tell us your requirements, we can program the part and ship it to you for evaluation.

Thanks,

Ritwick

Thanks Ritwick, that would be very useful and much appreciated 😊 I need 10 pieces of the CY22801 pre-programmed for Combination G, so I can set most of the configuration at runtime via I2C. This is project-critical hardware, so I greatly appreciate your support. How do I go about getting these ordered, please?

0 Likes