CY2941X_CY2942X_ Programming from microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
celmen_cisco
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am currently evaluating the CY2941x/CY2942 for a serdes application and I would need the documentation on how to program it without using the Clock Wizard.

For this application, it is not feasible to use the one-time programming but we need to able to program the chip in mission mode using I2C from a microcontroller.

I have gone through all the documents that I could find on this topic but important pieces are missing. The closest thing I found was the application note "AN210253_CY294xx_High_Performance_Clock_Getting_Started_and_Best_Design_Practices-ApplicationNotes-v03_00-EN.pdf" but it only explains how to do small frequency changes (+/- 500 ppm) and not how to do the "large change" frequency programming.

Where can I find the complete documentation on how to program the large change?

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @celmen_cisco ,

The programming specifications are confidential and cannot be shared on the public forum. If you require the documentation you will need to have a NDA with the company. 

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @celmen_cisco ,

The programming specifications are confidential and cannot be shared on the public forum. If you require the documentation you will need to have a NDA with the company. 

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
celmen_cisco
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Pradipta

Thanks for letting me know. Please tell me how to proceed in order to set up an NDA.

Furthermore, is there a planned obsolescence  for this part? Much of the software seems to be relatively old, last  updated in 2016/17. If you have an alternate part that is newer, please let me know.

Many thanks

Best regards

Carl

0 Likes

Hi @celmen_cisco ,

Please write to IFAG.NDAs@infineon.com for the NDA request. (Please note that if your company has any NDA signed with us then a fresh NDA will not be required.)

There is no planned obsolescence for this part. It is active and in production. I do not have a idea on the software updates so cannot provide any insights on that. These parts are the latest parts in our portfolio and will be in production for the years to come. You can check this in the company product roadmap as well.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes