CY26049

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dalton
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Hi All,

I am using the CY26049-20 as a synchronized clock filtering circuit with  with fall back

So I hope to apply a 25MHz ICLK   and obtain a  100 MHz phase locked output, and using a 25MHz XTAL input

Obviously I am having some difficulty getting it to function properly 

I was wondering if there are any application,  layout guide,  notes or any data at beyond the basic datasheet for this part. I am using the  the -20 par but the only datasheet I can find is the -36 version. so even getting  the -20  or generic data sheet would be helpful.     Too bad there is no Eval board for this part 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @dalton ,

The CY26049-20 is not a valid MPN (We do not know from where you got a -20 part). The -36 is a valid MPN and hence there is datasheet for this code. Also coming back to CY26049 this device has been obsoleted for many years now and hence finding any documentation for this or support for this part  will be very difficult.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11

Hi @dalton ,

The CY26049-20 is not a valid MPN (We do not know from where you got a -20 part). The -36 is a valid MPN and hence there is datasheet for this code. Also coming back to CY26049 this device has been obsoleted for many years now and hence finding any documentation for this or support for this part  will be very difficult.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes

Yes I saw 26049 was obsoleted in 2018 or 2019 but it suited my needs almost exactly.

Hi Pradip,

Thanks for your swift reply.  Yes I saw 26049 was obsoleted in 2018 or 2019 but it suited my needs almost exactly.

I would appreciate any additional info you can provide as the data sheet alone for the -36 party is a little sparse.

Was there ever an eval board for this family?  It seems to me that there would have been an app note with this part family at one time too.  

0 Likes
PradiptaB_11

Hi @dalton ,

I did not find any app note that would help your cause in our system. There may be a evaluation board but currently i cannot confirm this. Since the device the was obsoleted the hardware related to it was shifted to storage. Since currently we are operating from home i cannot confirm if the board is there and in working condition.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes