CY2071AF only one time programmable PLL?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
beckham
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

We used the CY2071AF as the PLL in our project, as the datasheet mentioned it should be programmable(EPROM) in the field, but we keep failing in the over-write the code into the chip which may be had the code inside.
1. May you please kindly help us to provide some suggestion how to overcome this issue?

2. Or the CY2071 series are the "one time use" EPROM? Once the programmed, then can't erase anymore?

3. If it the multi-times EPROM, how can we use the way to erase the content? 

We using the Cypress FTG programmer CY3670.

Appreciate for your kindly help!

Best regards,

Beckham

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @beckham ,

The device CY2071 and the programmer CY3670 have been long obsoleted. Currently there are no internal documents with us where we can check for more information on this. EPROM can be programmed again but the erase is difficult, using UV rays. I can suggest you to move to some other device if possible or else try to erase the memory using methods used in general for EPROM. 

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PradiptaB_11

Hi @beckham ,

The device CY2071 and the programmer CY3670 have been long obsoleted. Currently there are no internal documents with us where we can check for more information on this. EPROM can be programmed again but the erase is difficult, using UV rays. I can suggest you to move to some other device if possible or else try to erase the memory using methods used in general for EPROM. 

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes
beckham
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Pradipta,

Really appreciate for your reply, it's really help me.
According to EPROM can be programmed again but the erase is difficult, using UV rays. 
=> May i know how to erase it? I can't find any windows on the Chips.
=> Is it using the electrical method to erase it?

We need your help, thanks for so much.

Best regards,
Beckham 

0 Likes
PradiptaB_11

Hi,

We do not have the chips available with us to check for a erase operation. We can confirm that is EPROM and not EEPROM so electrical erase as far as we can confirm should not be possible. Since it is a long obsoleted device so we do not much documentation on this part.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes