Class D Audio Amplifier IC Forum Discussions
Kindly help me with the following questions:
1. What should be the preferred voltage on MSEL0, MSEL1, nMUTE, nENABLE, nClip, nERROR, SCL, SDA, CLKM/S, CLKIO, AD0 and AD1? 3.3V or 5V?
2. What would be preferred way to generate VDD: 1. From PVDD using a linear regulator or 2. From an isolated supply? If using VDD from an isolated supply is preferred, what would be an ideal place to tie the two grounds together?
3. If using an isolated supply is preferred, I am assuming that AVSS, DVSS, CREF and CDC should be tied to the isolated ground. Is my assumption correct?
Thanks in advance!Show Less
I would like to design a PCB for the MA12070 IC. I have following queries. Kindly help me with them. Thanks in advance!
1. Datasheet recommends a micro-controller based power-up and power-down logic. However, is it ok to tie the nENABLE pin directly to GND and connect the nMUTE circuit to a P5V-680E-1M-47uF-GND circuit with anode of a diode connected to the join of R-C and cathode connected to the join of R-R for fast turn-off? Something similar to that recommended by the TDA7293/4 IC datasheet.
2. To avoid device failure due to inrush current, the Errata sheet recommends 'schottky diode to be connected at the output of each node.' Is is correct to assume that a the cathode of schottky diode be connected directly to the output pin and the anode to ground?
3. To avoid device failure due to PVDD hot plugging, the Errata sheet suggests a power supply with soft start function. Is it correct to assume that the solution to this can be the circuit in Fig. 5 of the Demo_BassAmp note using two IRF9358 MOSFETS?
4. Is it correct to assume that points 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive and that suggestions in both 2 and 3 above should be implemented?
5. Does the device operate and perform better with an external heat-sink in addition to the copper connected to the IC thermal pad?
Thanks again!Show Less
I am trying to find out what the 1 stands for in the PN: MA12070P1 and if this part can be used instead of MA12070P ?
i want to evaluate ic ma2304 and make a ma2304 demo board. i have two issues。
1.Is the schematic correct in User manual for MA evaluation boards
2. lpc11u68 burns the fireware bin file . is the “CRP DISABLD”drive already build-in lpc11u68 's usb bootloader ?no need other fireware '?
I'm able to hear audio from the connected speakers but when I have the micro USB to USB plugged into the board my PC laptop, the MERUS Audio Amplifier Configurator shows "disconnected" and the light is red. The "refresh" button doesn't seem to do anything.
When I go to "settings>Devices I see LPC11Ux HID. If I disconnect the USB from the MA2304 board, that disappears.
Any ideas? The MERUS GUI software version is v.1.0.0-819
Is there any internal difference in the chip with CREF PIN 20 vs AVSS PIN 20?
currently we have a MA12070P - board that can work with 44.1kHz@16bits sample rate,
but can't work with 48khz@24bits. ( no voice output)
So we have some questions :
1. Does MA12070 support 48khz - 24bits - audio sample rate ?
2. Do i need to set i2c registers for different sample rate?
3. Can you give us i2c setting for 48khz - 24bits ?
4. Is there have any hw setting for diffetent sample rate?Show Less
Dear All members
we are making the 1000+1000w , 2 CHANNEL CLASS S AMplifier to run speckaer of 4ohm load. This is running ok,,,we are stuck one point
1) In case Mosfet ar short the DC voltage will reach to speakers and this can blow the speakers.
How to protect this situation.
In the Power supply line to amplifier (+ / - 70VDC) we have fuse .....can we have better solution to protect the speaker from having DC voltage in case Mosfet are ShortShow Less
- « Previous
- Next »