Using the IRS2452AM with the BTL mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Acherme
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello, I am using the IRS2452AM in order to make a full-bridge class D amplifier, so I use the BTL mode. However, I don't know what kind of feedback topology is recommended. The IRAUDAMP23 shows how to do a feedback, but the IC is used in half-bridge mode (BTL off, 2 channels). Do you have any solutions ? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nishanth
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @Acherme,

You have to keep the two channels independent and make them a full bridge. The BTL mode has a common mode offset, but using two separate control loops does not have it.

Regards,

Nishanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nishanth

Hello @Acherme,

Thank you for contributing to the Infineon community.

Feedback topology will remain the same for Full bridge BTL mode.

Regards,

Nishanth 

Acherme
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello and thanks for your answer Nishanth, unfortunatly it doesn't really help me. 

1.PNG

In the case of the IRAUDAMP23 the feedback signals are taken from the nodes 1 and 2, and they are injected in the node 3. But if I am using a full bridge, what must I do with the signals taken from the other bridge (nodes 4 and 5) ? Should inject them directly to the node 3 ? Or should inject the difference of the two bridges feedback signals by using a substractor like shown in this video https://youtu.be/24sBtnnjK34 ? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Nishanth

Hello @Acherme,

You have to keep the two channels independent and make them a full bridge. The BTL mode has a common mode offset, but using two separate control loops does not have it.

Regards,

Nishanth