MA2304DNS can't connect demo board to MERUS GUI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mucklechumps
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored First like received First like given

I'm able to hear audio from the connected speakers but when I have the micro USB to USB plugged into the board my PC laptop, the MERUS Audio Amplifier Configurator shows "disconnected" and the light is red. The "refresh" button doesn't seem to do anything.

When I go to "settings>Devices I see LPC11Ux HID. If I disconnect the USB from the MA2304 board, that disappears.

Any ideas? The MERUS GUI software version is v.1.0.0-819

THanks!

1 Solution
Mucklechumps
Level 2
Level 2

It's working now! I uninstalled and reinstalled the MERUS as an administrator and allowed all functions on install. Thanks community for listening and for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mucklechumps
Level 2
Level 2

I updated the board firmware and now when I go to Settings-devices-other devices, I see Merus Amplifier Eval Kit, but I'm still unable to connect the board to the MERUS Audio Amplifier Configurator. Please help! Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

One issue might be that the I2C address is not configured properly. Please check the status of JI2C_ADD jumper on the kit. By default it will be AD1 and AD0 both jumpered low(GND). If that's the case the I2C Address is 0x20. If not refer to Table 4 in the user manual and set the I2C address in the Configurator GUI accordingly.

Also note that the same I2C lines are also brought out of J1 and J2 (Interface board connector). Please make sure these pins are not pulled high or low by one of these jumpers. To check this disconnect the interface boards and try communicating via I2C.

Please let me know if you still face the issue after trying these.

Best regards,
Pranava

Thank you Pranava. I found Table 4 and understand how to move the jumpers to change from high to low (and yes, jumpers were in default low setting) but I don't understand how to set the I2C address in the MERUS Configurator GUI. I can only seem to make any changes when in Demo mode, and I don't see I2C settings  anywhere in the GUI.

I did try every combination of the two J12C jumpers and that didn't allow me to connect.

I also tried to connect to the GUI after disconnecting the interface board (the analog 3.5mm board) and had no luck.

I'm not an EE, I'm an audio engineer and am starting a new portable speaker company after selling one I founded. So I'm in the startup phase. I appreciate you helping a newbie.

0 Likes
Mucklechumps
Level 2
Level 2

It's working now! I uninstalled and reinstalled the MERUS as an administrator and allowed all functions on install. Thanks community for listening and for your help.