MA2304 question, came out from customer evaluation MA2304 EVAL board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Miyata
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - TED (Japan)
First comment on KBA 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi, 

My customer currently evaluating MA2304 EVAL board and informed us some evaluation results.  Then they have a two questions from their evaluation.  Pls get back to me with your answer in your return mail.  Appreciate for your support!

=== Customer evaluation result and question ===

I would like to inform you that I have finished measuring the audio characteristics of the MA2304 evaluation board.
Audio characteristics were measured using AP in both LCP mode and HAP mode. (Report attached)

The evaluation results are briefly described below.
①Residual noise is much improved compared to MA12070P. ⇒◯
②Comparing LCP mode and HAP mode, residual noise is better in HAP mode, but other than that they are almost the same.
 ③“THD+N vs level” is worse than MA12070P. (MA12070P is Min0.01%, MA2304 is Min0.03%) ⇒✕
 ④“THD+N vs Frequency” does not deteriorate even when it is 1KHz or more. (MA12070P deteriorates above 1KHz) ⇒◯
Overall, I'm concerned about the distortion, but other than that, the results were mostly satisfactory.

Questions:
I would like to know the reason for ③ (why is it worse than MA12070?).
I would like to know the reason for ④ (general DAMPs deteriorate at frequencies above 1KHz, but MA2304 does not deteriorate; what kind of processing is done there?).
Power consumption will be measured in next evaluation step.

=== end ===

0 Likes
1 Solution
amusz
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello!

The differences between MA12070x and MA2304xNS are mostly die to the topology difference. Both products have a completely different topology in the DAC and output stage. In MA2304xNS efficiency and idle power consumption have been prioritised while sacrificing non significant THD+N.

Also, MA2304xNS simplifies the use of power modes so it is also customer friendly 🙂 , simpler and quicker to use.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Miyata
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - TED (Japan)
First comment on KBA 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Pls see attached my customer evaluation result of MA2304

0 Likes
amusz
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello!

The differences between MA12070x and MA2304xNS are mostly die to the topology difference. Both products have a completely different topology in the DAC and output stage. In MA2304xNS efficiency and idle power consumption have been prioritised while sacrificing non significant THD+N.

Also, MA2304xNS simplifies the use of power modes so it is also customer friendly 🙂 , simpler and quicker to use.