Look for a suitable power amplifier

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bernard
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like given Welcome!

I have a basic question... I have 5 BW AM 1 speakers in my workout room connected to a SVS SB1000 pairing with a Marantz 5013. What power amp would get for this setup? I got some ideas from it but I'm not sure. It’s not loud enough so that’s why I thought I would get a power amp.🤔

Is there any idea of it? Many thanks.🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for posting on Infineon community. 

We have wide range of Class D amplifier solutions available, which can be used for your application. 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/class-d-audio-amplifier-ic/#!boards

If you wish to drive the speakers independently, then you may consider 3 x IRAUDAMP6 which offer 250W /channel with 8ohm load. Also IRAUDAMP9 could be an option if you are ok to drive all speakers in parallel. The performance would slightly vary from the designed value depending on the effective load impedance.

Kindly check through the solutions and let us know if you need further support. 

Regards
Meghana 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for posting on Infineon community. 

We have wide range of Class D amplifier solutions available, which can be used for your application. 

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/class-d-audio-amplifier-ic/#!boards

If you wish to drive the speakers independently, then you may consider 3 x IRAUDAMP6 which offer 250W /channel with 8ohm load. Also IRAUDAMP9 could be an option if you are ok to drive all speakers in parallel. The performance would slightly vary from the designed value depending on the effective load impedance.

Kindly check through the solutions and let us know if you need further support. 

Regards
Meghana