A problem about ma12070p power amplifier chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jacksl528
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello, I did a project with ma12070p. The I2S signal and MCLK of ma12070p are from DSP audio board,
The problem now is to use 24V main power supply to supply power to the whole circuit board, convert 24V to 5V through DC-DC chip, and provide DVD and avdd (5V power supply) for DPS and ma12070p

But when I turned on the power, ma12070p couldn't work. I found the root cause of the fault, that is,Problems with start up procedure

I would like to ask how to provide 5V power supply for DPS before ma12070p startup when there is only one 24V power supply, so as to provide system clock (MCLK) in advance

11.jpg

1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @jacksl528 ,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community. 

As you have understood correctly, the clock signal has to be applied before enabling the device. Activation of MA12070P is controlled via pin "ENABLE".

In your case, you can add a pull up resistor from "ENABLE" pin to 5V/3.3V whichever is compatible with DSP I/O pins, which will keep the device disabled by default. Once the clock signal is generated, you can activate the device by applying a low pulse on "ENABLE" pin through DSP. 

Regards

Meghana R

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @jacksl528 ,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community. 

As you have understood correctly, the clock signal has to be applied before enabling the device. Activation of MA12070P is controlled via pin "ENABLE".

In your case, you can add a pull up resistor from "ENABLE" pin to 5V/3.3V whichever is compatible with DSP I/O pins, which will keep the device disabled by default. Once the clock signal is generated, you can activate the device by applying a low pulse on "ENABLE" pin through DSP. 

Regards

Meghana R

Audio-guru-CPH
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 5 solutions authored 25 sign-ins

Hello jacksl528 and Meghana.

For best stability, place the ceramic PVdd decoupling capacitors as close as possible to the PVdd pins of the device.

Also the fly-capacitors, should be placed as close to the device fly-cap nodes as possible.

In the picture of the PCB, they are placed at a relatively long distance. Keep traces as short as possible.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Rasmus Meyer.