Read UART data for CO2 Mini board

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KHNg_4741191
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor
5 likes given 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi, 

How do you read the data thru UART, for the changes in the CO2 measurement using the Mini board? 

Can i just provide the supply Vcc to the board only, instead of using another external MCU like Arduino? If not, why?

There is no changes in the UART pin. Why? I thought this part interface is I2C, Uart and GPIO? 

What i need to do? Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ananda_R
10 likes given 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi @KHNg_4741191 ,

Please refer section 6 of the programming guide  to know details about commands to be used in UART interface.

Most of the available code examples uses I2C interface to read data.

Feel free to explore the available code examples mentioned below.
arduino-pas-co2-sensor  mtb-example-sensors-pasco2-anycloud-mqtt-client  mtb-example-sensors-pasco2 

sensor-xensiv-pasco2  pas-co2-sensor  mtb-example-sensors-pasco2-freertos 

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ananda_R

Hi @KHNg_4741191 

For question #1:
How do you read the data thru UART, for the changes in the CO2 measurement using the Mini board?

Please refer the below user manual for how to interface mini board using UART.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-programming_guide_PAS_CO2_evaluationkit-ApplicationNotes-v02_...

Ananda_R_0-1648630316604.png

For question #2,
Can i just provide the supply Vcc to the board only, instead of using another external MCU like Arduino? If not, why?

No. We need to use external MCU like Arduino for reading CO2 data. The mini board does have XMC microcontroller but it just do conversion of co2 value.

For question #3
There is no changes in the UART pin. Why? I thought this part interface is I2C, Uart and GPIO?

I could not able to understand the question. Could you please provide more details. 

Regards,
Anand

0 Likes
KHNg_4741191
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor
5 likes given 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi Anand,

What are the command instructions to read out the CO2 data via the UART?

Do you have any example?

0 Likes
Ananda_R

Hi @KHNg_4741191 ,

Please refer section 6 of the programming guide  to know details about commands to be used in UART interface.

Most of the available code examples uses I2C interface to read data.

Feel free to explore the available code examples mentioned below.
arduino-pas-co2-sensor  mtb-example-sensors-pasco2-anycloud-mqtt-client  mtb-example-sensors-pasco2 

sensor-xensiv-pasco2  pas-co2-sensor  mtb-example-sensors-pasco2-freertos 

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes