Improve PASCO2V01 Response Time

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
r0oland
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Community,

I am wondering if it's possible to significantly improve the response time of the CO2 sensor by for example removing the membrane covering the sensor casing (white dot in image below).

What is the purpose of this membrane? Protect from dirt and moisture? If the sensor would be used in an otherwise "safe", i.e. dry and clean environment, would one need the membrane? I am aware that the warranty would be void when using the sensor in this way, but we need a much faster response than what the sensor can do with the current setup and this sensors speed is certainly not limited by the measurement principle. 

XENSIV_PAS_CO2_Sensor.png_725215472.png

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Johannes

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ananda_R
10 likes given 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi @r0oland ,

By removing the membrane, it will not improve the response time of the sensor.

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @r0oland,

Yes, you are right. The membrane is for protection from dirt.

Regarding the response time, thanks for the feedback and the same is communicated to the design team.

We are always on the path improving the sensor performance.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes

Hi George, thanks for the reply. But my questions remains unanswered:

Does removing the membrane increase the response time? Maybe you could forward the question to the design team?

0 Likes
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @r0oland,

It is not recommended to remove the membrane as this can affect the sensor performance and accuracy. All the specifications mentioned in the datasheet are for the sensor with the membrane.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes

Hi George, thanks for the reply. But my questions still remains unanswered:

Does removing it increase the response speed? I am aware that the specs are with the membrane. I am aware that this voids any responsibility on the side of Infineon. But does it help? Or could I get the contact of someone who is / was involved with designing this sensor?

0 Likes
Ananda_R
10 likes given 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi @r0oland ,

By removing the membrane, it will not improve the response time of the sensor.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes