How to Find XENSIV™ PAS CO2 Sensor2Go Evaluation Kit driver?

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KuoEthan
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

How to Find XENSIV™ PAS CO2 Sensor2Go Evaluation Kit driver?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ananda_R
10 likes given 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi @KuoEthan ,

Sorry for the delayed response.
To evaluate the Sensor2Go Evaluation Kit, Please install the XENSIV™ PAS CO2 Sensor2Go GUI from Infineon development centre. 
Link for IDC : IDC

You can also evaluate the mini-evaluation boards comes with Evaluation kit using our GitHub repository link mentioned below.

arduino-pas-co2-sensor

sensor-xensiv-pasco2

Let me know if any other support needed and explore the github repository we have for our product.

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ananda_R
10 likes given 5 likes given 100 sign-ins

Hi @KuoEthan ,

Sorry for the delayed response.
To evaluate the Sensor2Go Evaluation Kit, Please install the XENSIV™ PAS CO2 Sensor2Go GUI from Infineon development centre. 
Link for IDC : IDC

You can also evaluate the mini-evaluation boards comes with Evaluation kit using our GitHub repository link mentioned below.

arduino-pas-co2-sensor

sensor-xensiv-pasco2

Let me know if any other support needed and explore the github repository we have for our product.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
modo
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted Welcome!
Hi there,
we got some CO2-sensor-kits for our school (HTL) in Tirol. We usually work with raspberry pi's. I worked through all the suggested materials and documentations but could not found any hint regarding the connection to a raspberry pi. The only clou seemed to be the GitHub-repository https://github.com/Infineon/AQM-RaspberryPi, which unfortunately is empty.

According to the documents I found (Infineon-programming_guide_PAS_CO2_evaluationkit-ApplicationNotes-v02_00-EN), it is possible to control the XENSIV PAS CO2 via I2C or UART. To my knowledge, I need another microcontroller for I2C. But the problem is that the 10 pins on the kit are not easy to connect (the same goes for UART). I also don't think that's the real idea, otherwise there wouldn't be a separate kit for the school with an additional USB Type-A port. The mentioned programming guide refers to the Sensor2Go Evaluation Kit, which obviously provides pins that are very easy to connect (not so with our school kit).

Instead, our "school kit" includes a USB Type-A and a micro-USB port. The micro USB port should be used to communicate with the PC (or Raspberry Pi?). Why then do we need the Type-A port, which is even missing from the Sensor2Go Evaluation Kit? Can I simply connect the "school kit" to the Raspi via USB and then communicate directly with it, e.g. with Python? If so, with what protocol? Is there a library for this?

Unfortunately, I could not download the GUI on my Macbook because it is apparently not available for macOS. Under the search term "XENSIV PAS CO2 Sensor2Go GUI" I could not find a corresponding entry in the Toolbox Launcher, so I could not test the sensor yet.

I downloaded the "XENSIV PAS CO2 Sensor2Go GUI" on another Windows notebook and paired the device via bluetooth. But I could not find it within the software in the window with the title "Environmental Fusion GUI".

I was able to successfully download, install and open the Android app. My smartphone could also connect to the sensor via Bluetooth, but no connection could be established inside the app. After touching the one and only button inside the app, the button changed to grey and after a few seconds it aborted without a comment.

I would be very pleased if you could give me some help in this regard. Do I need additional hardware? Can I establish a connection directly via USB? Does the whole thing work with Raspberry Pi's at all? Thank you very much!

With kind regards,
Dominik
0 Likes
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @modo ,

Please create a separate thread for your query as it is not related to the previous one. We'll support you on the same likewise. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes