About calibration of CO2 sensor at 1000ppm

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaKo_4831421
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

How to calibrate the sensor when always in environment of 1000 ppm?

1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

As per the internal team, the FCS scheme now lets you calibrate the sensor up to 1500 ppm for the final sample. So, now you can provide the calibration value of 1000 ppm as per your setup.

Thanks
Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DaTra_4942216
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

If possible you may need to think of using FCS scheme time to time. However at this point of time, the FCS is capped at 900 ppm unfortunately. So, even if you try to input 1000 ppm, it will cap it to 900 ppm. In the future if the upper cap can be increased to bigger value I will update with new information

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

In your case, the CO2 concentration is not changing. For such cases, you can use the FCS scheme (Forced Compensation Scheme) which lets you calibrate the sensor to a fixed concentration of CO2. Yes, the upper limit for this scheme is set to 900 ppm but I'm following up on this request with the internal team and we need some more time. I'll revert back to you on this asap.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

As per the internal team, the FCS scheme now lets you calibrate the sensor up to 1500 ppm for the final sample. So, now you can provide the calibration value of 1000 ppm as per your setup.

Thanks
Aditi

0 Likes