What effective resolution can be achieve at 10 kHz sample rate PSoC® 4700 MCU for inductive sensing?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiVa_4722436
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello there,

I am new here and I found interesting solution for my application based on PSoC® 4700 MCU. I need to build inductive sensor based on eddy current.

I understand that the PSoC® 4700 MCU measures amplitude of oscillation which changes with gap.

I need to sense

• range 0.2-2 mm
  • sample rate 10kHz
  • resolution at least 12 bits
  • minimum latency (<50 usec)

I know that resolution and precision in general is a function sensor diameter, frequency and other parameters but before I design anything...

• What is achievable effective resolution of inductive sensor based on PSoC® 4700 MCU if running at 10 kHz sample rate?
  • What would be the latency caused by measurement (how much time is used for measurement period and for data post processing)?

Thank you very much,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi miva_4722436

You can find out the scan time (the time required to scan once) in the Scan Order tab in MagSense configurator.

pastedImage_0.png

The resolution, which is termed number of subconversions must be set according to the design. As mentioned in previous post, higher number of sub-conversions, the better will be the signal. It is recommended to start with 100 and increase it till you obtain an SNR of atleast 5:1.

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies