Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First like given First solution authored 25 replies posted

Hi,

The 5th generation CAPSENSE of PSoC4100S Max has a higher SNR than the previous generations. In order to consider a small proximity sensor, I made a small sensor connected to the EVK. It is generally said that a large loop shape is suitable for a proximity sensor. But the FPC is small at 60 mm x 11 mm. This sensor can detect a palm about 5 cm away with an overlay thickness of 2 mm. I would appreciate it if you could refer to it.

The software is provided specifically by IFX for the proximity sensor on the expansion board. But it would be great if it could be made available as a standard Code Example for MTB.

Thanks

KaKo_4074056_0-1687250192153.png

KaKo_4074056_3-1687251096948.png

1 Solution
Arpit_S
50 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored
0 Likes
4 Replies
Arpit_S

Hi @KaKo_4074056 ,

Thanks for sharing this! Please allow me few weeks, I will work on it to release a Community Code Example for Proximity Sensing (especially for small sensors) If possible, Can you please share the design files with us for this small FPC CapSense Sensor?

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Srivastav,

I would appreciate it if you could provide a Code Example for small sensors. However, you can start with a Code Example for the proximity sensor on the expansion board. I got the Code Example locally with the project name of "msc_capsense_shield_touchpad_02". However, this does not seem to appear in New Application operation on MTB. I hope other people will be able to use the Code Example.

Thanks

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi @KaKo_4074056 

For the time being please refer to https://community.infineon.com/t5/CAPSENSE-MagSense/Proximity-example-for-the-CY8CKIT-041S-MAX-PSoC-... 

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes
KaKo_4074056
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Srivastav,

The community Code Example seems to extend the detection distance a bit to about 7 cm. I'll evaluate my sensor with that.

Thank you!

0 Likes