Evaluation from the count

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cb
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like given Welcome!

Hello, 

I just want to know what i can measure. I dont understand the evaluation from the count/graph . Which unit is displayed?  How i can get the code of ez click ?   

cb_0-1636018973757.png

Here the rise of a Button is shown! But wich unit was measured? Is it pF? or what concretely? 

Please help me , thanks. 

Best regards.😊

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @cb 

The CapSense system converts the physical capacitance to signal level called raw-counts. We represent the physical capacitance in this digitized value. Raw counts are proportional to the actual capacitance. In the graph, you are seeing the difference counts, that is, the raw counts subtracted from a baseline value to obtain the signal. 

The blue line represents the finger threshold. Only when the difference counts is greater than finger threshold, the sensor will be in ON state. Otherwise, the button will be off. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @cb 

The CapSense system converts the physical capacitance to signal level called raw-counts. We represent the physical capacitance in this digitized value. Raw counts are proportional to the actual capacitance. In the graph, you are seeing the difference counts, that is, the raw counts subtracted from a baseline value to obtain the signal. 

The blue line represents the finger threshold. Only when the difference counts is greater than finger threshold, the sensor will be in ON state. Otherwise, the button will be off. 

Best regards, 
Hari