EZI2C and Tuner

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver,

I would like to create a whole new Capsense project. So I add a Capsence block and EzI2C block.

But I met a problem, I don't know how to select I2C pin(SCLK/SDA).

I don't know which I2C pin connect to Capsense tuner software. please refer to the attached file.

Could you guide me how to know which I2C pin that Capsense Tuner used ?!

Thank you so much.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Tim_Shih,

I assume you are using one of our kits, and you are connecting the kit to your PC using the USB cable. In this case, the I2C pins which are used in the USB-I2C bridge will be used.

For example: if you are using CY8CKIT-044 kit, then P4.0 and P4.1 will be used. The pins used for USB-I2C bridge will be provided in the kit guide:

ncbs_0-1639463225133.png

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ncbs

Hi @Tim_Shih,

You can assign any pins which support I2C communication. Which device [MPN] are you using? 

Go to the datasheet of that device, and head to the pinout section. The "Alternate Pin Functions" table provides details of which pins support I2C communication. 

If you are using any of our kits, it would be better to choose the I2C pins supported on the USB-I2C bridge [KitProg - PSoC] of the kit.

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

ok ok, I know alternate pin. it means some pin can be UART and I2C. It depends on their Alt Function.

But my question is ... for example,,,

in the attached file 1:  I have two EzI2C blocks.

in the attached file 2:  so I have 2 couples of I2C pins and they are (P4_0, P4_1) and (P0_4, P0_5)

in the attached file 3: in the Tuner software, I only can select KitProg

in the attached file 4: finally Tuner connect to the device.

In the above processes, I still don't know which I2C pins connect to I2C Tuner software.

in the attached file 5, in the control bridge software, it also shows KitProg, I still don't know which I2C pins connect to Bridge Control Panel software.

How does Tuner software and Bridge control panel know which I2C pins connect to them ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @Tim_Shih,

I assume you are using one of our kits, and you are connecting the kit to your PC using the USB cable. In this case, the I2C pins which are used in the USB-I2C bridge will be used.

For example: if you are using CY8CKIT-044 kit, then P4.0 and P4.1 will be used. The pins used for USB-I2C bridge will be provided in the kit guide:

ncbs_0-1639463225133.png

Regards,
Nikhil