Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TheSlider
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First solution authored First reply posted

Hi everyone! I'm using CapSense block V7.0 with PSoC Creator 4.2. Communicating via MiniProg4 (I2C-USB bridge). Problem is the connection to Tuner. I have managed to connect to Tuner, several times, but always with exactly the same .hex. Now, I have changed .hex, and now connect process fails, indicating checksum mismatch. I have downloaded the .hex via Debug->Program, and also with PSoc Programmer. Both processes have been success. But, when opening Tools->Component Tuners->connect, it fails. "Mismatch checksum for the data stored in the device and the data loaded into the Tuner  (expected: 0xBD36, obtained: 0x8034)" which by the way neither is the checksum read from programmer! Any ideas? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Sobhit and thanks for the reply. Yes I checked those items you suggested. Like I said it was already working before changes so my problem was still existing. But, after deleting all generated output files from Debug and Release folders, connection was success after re-generating the code. I still dont know the root cause, but it's working now!! 

Markku

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @TheSlider ,

Please consider these two points:

1. The CapSense Tuner needs to be launched in the same project where it was created. If a .hex file of one project is being launched by the tuner of another project, it would crash. You should have only one project for generating .hex file and launching the Tuner.
  2. Does your code(in the .hex) contain CapSense Run Tuner API ? Check this one also. 

Can you please try these out on your desk and let me know if you can interface it, or the problem still exists.

Thanks

Sobhit

0 Likes

Hi Sobhit and thanks for the reply. Yes I checked those items you suggested. Like I said it was already working before changes so my problem was still existing. But, after deleting all generated output files from Debug and Release folders, connection was success after re-generating the code. I still dont know the root cause, but it's working now!! 

Markku

0 Likes