CYALKIT-E02 cannot be connected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
s80443
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, 

I have connect the debug board to my notebook (Win 10) and install all the software from the website. However, the blue LED on the debug board doesn't blink and  Cypress Ble-Beacon shows no device is connected. (I have check the serial port is corrected). Besides, my cell phone (Pixel 3 XL) also shows no device is connected . The indoor light brightness is about 300~500 lux (white LED). How can I do to solve this problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Please note that the CYALKIT-E02 contains tiny solar BLE sensor which is actually a pre-programmed BLE beacon. So it wont 'connect' to any BLE peer device. 

However, you should see the Blue LED blinking with frequency depending on the light intensity. Please ensure that you have switched ON the position switch properly on the sensor tile.

Also, please keep the tiny BLE sensor tile in sunlight for few minutes. If it still wont work then please replace the super cap on the sensor tile with a battery and check if the tile works. Based on this test we can understand whether the tile's capacitor is faulty. Please update the thread after testing this.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
s80443
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks for your kindly help!

I have tried your suggestion, and the results as following

1. I have charge the sensor under sunlight for several minutes, and it still cannot work

2. I have connect the capacitor with a battery and charged it till the capacitor's voltage over 3.3V , my computer and cell phone still cannot detect it.

3.After I removed the battery and took the sensor under indoor light with attached solar module (300~500 lux, white LED), the capacitor's voltage decreased rapidly (drop 0.02 V in 1~2 sec)

I have attached the photos of computer's software and debug board in this reply. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please check the mode in the Solar BLE Sensor. It should be Demo Mode at first, then the time interval will be as shown in the table.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes