CY8CMBR3108 Linux driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KunalK
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First like given

Hi all,

We are planning to use CY8CMBR3108 Capsense for our Linux product. I came to know that we can do the configurations from the modus tool. However, for communication with application I would need to have Linux driver which will communicate with Capsense and fetch the data. This driver then provide the data to user application. I looked into it , but I didn't found any Linux driver support. Can anyone help me with whether we have such linux driver for Capsense or not?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @KunalK,

MBR3 devices do not have any drivers. They are configurated by means of I2C communication. Any device capable of sending I2C commands can configure an MBR3 device. Refer to section 5.2 in AN90071 - CY8CMBR3xxx CapSense® Design Guide to know about various ways of configuring an MBR3 device.

You may use EZ-Click for easy configuration of your MBR3 device. You may visit the MBR3 landing page for more information about MBR3 and EZ-Click.

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ncbs

Hi @KunalK,

MBR3 devices do not have any drivers. They are configurated by means of I2C communication. Any device capable of sending I2C commands can configure an MBR3 device. Refer to section 5.2 in AN90071 - CY8CMBR3xxx CapSense® Design Guide to know about various ways of configuring an MBR3 device.

You may use EZ-Click for easy configuration of your MBR3 device. You may visit the MBR3 landing page for more information about MBR3 and EZ-Click.

Regards,
Nikhil

KunalK
Level 1
Level 1

Understood. Thank you for response Nikhil.

0 Likes
KunalK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for taking this further.

So we have to develop the Linux driver (I2C communication) on our own that will communicate with CapSense device. Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Likes
KunalK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ncbs ,

Can you please confirm my understanding? So that I can initiate next action item for me in this.

Regards,

Kunal

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @KunalK,

Yes, you would need to develop your own Linux driver for I2C communication. 

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
KunalK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @ncbs ,

Thank you for your response. So, the github repo link below does not contain CY8CMBR3108 related code. I looked into it but I wanted to confirm this. Is this correct?

https://github.com/Infineon?q=mtb-example-psoc4%20NOT%20Deprecated 

Regards,

Kunal

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @KunalK,

Yes, MBR3 related codes are not present on the GitHub page. MBR3 related code examples come along with its tool, EZ-Click. You may download the tool here. Refer to the Chapter 5. Configuration Files and Example Projects in CY3280-MBR3 Evaluation Kit User Guide to get detailed information regarding the same. 

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes