CY8C20110-LDX2I and CY8C20110-LDX2IKC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tchu
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins
0 Likes
1 Solution
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi Tim,

The CY8C20110-LDX2IKC is the engineering sample part for CY8C20110-LDX2I, no difference between them.

Roy Liu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Roy_Liu

Hi Tim,

The CY8C20110-LDX2IKC is the engineering sample part for CY8C20110-LDX2I, no difference between them.

Roy Liu
0 Likes
tchu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Roy Liu,

Thanks so so much! Do you know other than CY8C20110-LDX2IKC, Cypress has another PSOC that would enable me to substitute or not?

Best regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Roy_Liu

Hi Tim,

Generally yes, Cypress/Infineon has a broad portfolio Capsense products, there should be an option for you.

Recommend you to refer to the apps note below to find the substitution, specifically,  Section "4.2 CapSense", starting from page#94.

https://www.cypress.com/file/41076/download

Roy Liu
0 Likes
tchu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryo,

Thanks so much! No drop-in replacement is found. Do you know 

how much longer Cypress is going to make CY8C20110-LDX2I ?

Per Digi Key website this part is not recommend for new designs.

Thanks again for your continuous support!

Best regards,

Tim

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
tchu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryo,

Sorry to bother you again. 

I have received the CY8C20110-LDX2IKC IC’s from Rochester Electronics. There are instructions on the bag as seen in the attached picture. Could you provide me any advice based on those instructions ? These IC’s will be sent to PCB House after I open the bag and try only a few of them. I would like to know after I take out a few IC’s from the bag,  should I put the bag into certain environment? . Does Cypress think those instructions apply to their CY8C20110-LDX2IKC IC’s ? I will close the bag using ESD tape.

Thanks so so much!

Best regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Roy_Liu

Hi Tim,

Yes, after the bag is opened, those will not be set to PCB house(remains in the bag) should be stored at <10% RH environment, otherwise, those devices will need baking when using them in the future.

Roy Liu
0 Likes
tchu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryo,

Thanks so much! Do you know how much longer Cypress is going to make CY8C20110-LDX2I ?

Per Digi Key website this part is not recommend for new designs.

Thanks again for your continuous support!

Best regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Roy_Liu

Hi Tim,

This part is not recommended for new design, I don't have an answer for how long, but generally,  a product at this status could be discontinued shortly(months),  my recommendation is to start migrating your design to using the newest generation Capsense product - Configurable CY8CMBR3, or Programmable  PSoC4 refer to the "4.2 CapSense Portfolio " in the apps note mentioned earlier.

Roy_Liu_0-1627609075166.png

Roy Liu
0 Likes