eval-423054-b2 support

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaJa_4826186
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

i'm using Eval-423054-b2,i need support for i2c interface with external eeprom,

i am trying to interface m24m01 eeprom compatible device, but I am not able to read and write .

please need immediate support.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

There could be multiple reasons for failure in i2c read/write. Eg. Due to slave issues, address mismatch, i2c pins configurations, etc.

Please make sure that the arguments provided in the APIs are correct as per the description. And the provided source/destination slave address are correct and existing one.

If you can provide us some more insight to your project and share i2c code snippet, we can try check whether there is any obvious issues exist in the code or not.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know the exact issue you are facing? Are you getting any error when you try to use i2c?

For reference , you can use the i2c_master app from below link. The APIs are listed in "wiced_hal_i2c.h".

mtb-examples-CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01-btsdk-hal/hal/i2c_master at master · cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-ex...

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj,

Thank you for your response,i am just trying to ask any configuration required for i2c.

wiced_hal_i2c_init();

wiced_hal_i2c_select_pads();

wiced_hal_i2c_set_speed();

i just called the above api and i tried read and write but also i am getting read and write failed?

please let me know if any platfrom related configurations are required.

Thanks,

Rahul jadhav

0 Likes

Hi,

There could be multiple reasons for failure in i2c read/write. Eg. Due to slave issues, address mismatch, i2c pins configurations, etc.

Please make sure that the arguments provided in the APIs are correct as per the description. And the provided source/destination slave address are correct and existing one.

If you can provide us some more insight to your project and share i2c code snippet, we can try check whether there is any obvious issues exist in the code or not.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes