ePDS Mode without LPN on CYBT-213043-Mesh Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
LUAB_4724786
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

Hi there,

I am trying to test the kit into ePDS Mode without using LPN, I did follow the documentation of low power implementation from "002-25270_AN225270_-_CYW208xx_BLE_Low-Power_Guidelines.pdf", everything is compiled and the code loaded but somehow I cannot see that the polling for sleep handler is working.

In the attachment the code that I tested, kindly help me point out what went wrong in the code ? Thaaanks a lot !

Best Regards,

LUTHFI AD

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

HI,

The recommended and right method of using low power features in mesh nodes is to define WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_LOW_POWER in wiced_bt_mesh_core_config_t and provide a LPN sleep callback in wiced_bt_mesh_app_func_table_t, So that the mesh stack can generate the appropriate event as and when needed and use the mesh LPN libraries. The application can still decide whether it wants to go to sleep, appropriate sleep mode, etc. using this wiced_bt_mesh_app_lpn_sleep_t function.

If you try to implement the Low Power modes without informing the stack the mesh network may not work properly.

I would suggest you to refer low_power_led mesh application and implement the LPN in a recommended way.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

HI,

The recommended and right method of using low power features in mesh nodes is to define WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_LOW_POWER in wiced_bt_mesh_core_config_t and provide a LPN sleep callback in wiced_bt_mesh_app_func_table_t, So that the mesh stack can generate the appropriate event as and when needed and use the mesh LPN libraries. The application can still decide whether it wants to go to sleep, appropriate sleep mode, etc. using this wiced_bt_mesh_app_lpn_sleep_t function.

If you try to implement the Low Power modes without informing the stack the mesh network may not work properly.

I would suggest you to refer low_power_led mesh application and implement the LPN in a recommended way.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Ok then ...

LPN mode works already, I just test the sleep function without making use LPN ... I just want to test something without LPN where mesh device keep on asking and searching the friend node when it wakes up.

In short, in mesh ... you need low power, just use LPN then ... thanks.

Hi,

Yes.

BLE Mesh has implemented based on the SIG specification. https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes