Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anje_2248446
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello Cypress,

I have few observations on SDS Sleep handler not getting called if HCI UART CTS pin state is low in few cases:

- CASE 1:  After a COLD Boot and after firmware has started to run, but before the Sleep Handler is called the first time, if I momentarily ground the CTS pin, then the Sleep handler will never be called, but the FW continues to run (i.e. the button Interrupt handler is still active.

- CASE 2:  After COLD Boot and let the sleep handler be called at least once so that the board goes to SDS Sleep, wake the board with the Buttton press, ... after this it seems I can momentarily ground the CTS pin with no effect (The Sleep handler will be called eventually and the board will enter SDS Sleep).

HOWEVER, (CASE 3:) if I leave the CTS pin grounded for a longer period of time (through the time when the sleep handler should be called again), again I can see that the Sleep handler will NOT be called and the board will never go to SDS Sleep.

Do you have any details on how and why HCI UART CTS Pin state affects SDS Sleep handler not getting called ?

Thanks,

Aniket

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @anje_2248446 , If you are connecting an external host to HCI pins either for HCI mode or Raw mode, we need to set sleep mode as WICED_SLEEP_MODE_TRANSPORT

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies