bluetooth configuration problem!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlPr_4646536
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First like received

I'd need to fix a problem with the bluuetoth configuration.

I can't find a way to configure the bluuetoth so that when the computer scans the nearby bluuetoths, the one of the desired application appears.

I have tried with example applications that are given by the modustoolbox itself and the computer if it detects the bluetooth, instead in an empty application I configure it in the same way as the example applications and the computer does not detect the bluetooth.

what can be the problem?

Thanks

Kind regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello alpr_4646536 ,

I am sorry we couldn't able to understand your issue properly.

- Do you mean you programmed 20819 with motion_sensor / find me example and you were not able to find the device listed on your Windows 10 client ? Can you just try with CySmart mobile app ?

- Q) When making an empty application, I can't find the way to configure it so that the Bluetooth appears when scanning it as much as the computer or the mobile.

A: Could you please clarify this query  ? Do you mean you want 20819 device to advertise as BLE device or 20819 have to scan for other Bluetooth devices ? Please clarify.

If you are new to our BT chips and Modus Tool Box, I would suggest you to go through our Cypress Academy files available here:  GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

This will help you to get familiarize with the configurations and usage of SDK for 20819 settings.

Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please answer the following questions?

1. What is the application you are using in your computer that scans the Bluetooth devices?

2. What is the part number of the product that you are using?

3. Are you using BLE or Bluetooth for your application?

4. Can you mention the code example that you are using in the Modus Toolbox?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

1. i am using the windows 10 scanner itself and the CYSMART smartphone application

2. the part number is cyw920819evb-02

3. If I use Bluetooth in the application I want to design

4. I take as example the Motion_Sensor and BLE_Find_me codes where the Blueetooth configuration allows the computer and the mobile to scan the blueetoth.

When making an empty application, I can't find the way to configure it so that the blueetoth appears when scanning it as much as the computer or the mobile.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Hello alpr_4646536 ,

I am sorry we couldn't able to understand your issue properly.

- Do you mean you programmed 20819 with motion_sensor / find me example and you were not able to find the device listed on your Windows 10 client ? Can you just try with CySmart mobile app ?

- Q) When making an empty application, I can't find the way to configure it so that the Bluetooth appears when scanning it as much as the computer or the mobile.

A: Could you please clarify this query  ? Do you mean you want 20819 device to advertise as BLE device or 20819 have to scan for other Bluetooth devices ? Please clarify.

If you are new to our BT chips and Modus Tool Box, I would suggest you to go through our Cypress Academy files available here:  GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

This will help you to get familiarize with the configurations and usage of SDK for 20819 settings.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes