Why could I not find this document via Cypress or the Cypress Community search engine

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I just happened to be researching the BLE Environmental GATT Service online and this document appeared on my Google search engine:

https://www.cypress.com/html_doc/CE226300/index.html#ble-environment-sensing-temperature-with-cyw208...

A few weeks ago this would have saved me so much time.

I thought wow, this is very good.

I also thought wow, strange that this never crossed my radar.

So I searched for it (using terms such as BLE Environment Sensing, etc.) on both the Cypress website and the Cypress community website and nothing was flagged.

Why not.

And the other reason I checked on Cypress website etc. was that I found an error with one of the links given in this document.

Unlike other Cypress technical documentation, there is nothing on this document to tell you where to report errors.

The error is in the section "Operation" and relates to the link to the Github repository. This link is pointing to the Cypress product page instead of the GitHub repository.

EDIT... then when you actually go onto the GitHub page Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox/CYW920819EVB-02/apps/demo/env_sensing_temp at master · cypress...

There is no mention of that document either. At least supply the link.

BLE Environment Sensing

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi GeIo_1586191​,

Thank you so much for bringing this hyperlink error to our notice.!

I will inform our team to correct this as soon as possible. Also, we will post the link for this & other code example documents on Cypress website or Cypress Community to make the search convenient for customers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi GeIo_1586191​,

Thank you so much for bringing this hyperlink error to our notice.!

I will inform our team to correct this as soon as possible. Also, we will post the link for this & other code example documents on Cypress website or Cypress Community to make the search convenient for customers.

WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi GeIo_1586191​,

I have posted a new discussion thread with the links to make the community search better. CYW20819 Resources

Like SheetalJ_96​ mentioned, we have made a request to correct the git link as well.

Appreciate the time you took to provide us the feedback.

Regards

Winston

Regards
Winston

You're most welcome. Thanks for the update.

0 Likes