WICED HAL I2C Stop Condition Control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Any ideas on how to control the I2C stop condition on the CYW20719B2 under MTB 1.1 and SDK 1.4? Currently the wiced_hal_i2c doesn’t seem to allow that. Is there an API that can be exposed or a hidden parameter of the current API's that will allow control of the I2C transaction.

As an example of what is needed, see the PDL for PSOC 6:

bool xferPending

...is part of the cy_stc_scb_i2c_master_xfer_config_t structure and controls whether a stop is generated or not.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Corey,

Adding to last comment. I checked with our software team and thet said "start and stop bits are controlled by the HW. There is no way for the app/FW to control this. "

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnjanaM_61

Hi Corey,

As of now there is no APIs exposed for this . Will check internally with our software team.

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

What is the status of this?  Is the part even capable of this functionality?

Please let us know.

0 Likes

CYW20719 supports the repeated start condition. If you send one byte, the I2C driver will send the stop bit after single byte. If you are sending multiple bytes (number of bytes are specified when calling the I2C Tx API) then the stop bits won't be sent in between bytes. After all the bytes are sent the stop bit will be sent. Currently we do not have support to control the stop bit behavior independently. If you want independent control on the stop bit then some feasibility needs to be done

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61

Hi Corey,

Adding to last comment. I checked with our software team and thet said "start and stop bits are controlled by the HW. There is no way for the app/FW to control this. "

Thanks,

Anjana