Tx power of cyw 20820 Bluetooth Mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaDa_4626846
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

Is the Tx power of CYW 20820 Mesh device is programmable? If yes, the which portion of the code has to be changed? Please help in this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please use wiced_bt_mesh_core_adv_tx_power. (Eg. wiced_bt_mesh_core_adv_tx_power=4  is for max power).

You can set this inside mesh_app_init(). Default value is 4. 0 means minimum power and 4 is the max. Actual power table is on the controller.

You can check mesh_provision_client.c if you have any doubt in the usage.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi RaDa_4626846 ,

Please check APIs  wiced_bt_ble_set_adv_tx_power() (wiced_bt_ble.h)  to set adv tx power and wiced_bt_set_tx_power() to set tx power after connection in Modus Tool box

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Using BLE_MESH_DIMMER application. Could not find the following.Screenshot (48).png

0 Likes

Hi RaDa_4626846 ,

The API might not have used in the specific application which you are looking.

You can add the APIs which I mentioned above to change the tx power.

Could you please confirm whether you want to change the advertising tx power or after LE connection ?

Regards,

Anjana

I want to create a mesh network involving 8-10 820 devices. I am implementing Dimmer switch with dimmable lights for this purpose, I just want to check depending upon the Tx power how much distance the network covers. So in this case I would like to change advertising Tx power but will also like to know how to change it after LE connection.

Can you just elaborate the process of adding these APIs? I am new to this.

0 Likes

Hi,

Please use wiced_bt_mesh_core_adv_tx_power. (Eg. wiced_bt_mesh_core_adv_tx_power=4  is for max power).

You can set this inside mesh_app_init(). Default value is 4. 0 means minimum power and 4 is the max. Actual power table is on the controller.

You can check mesh_provision_client.c if you have any doubt in the usage.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes