Problem downloading to fresh CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 eval kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
mprosk
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First solution authored First reply posted

Hello! I just unboxed a new CYW920719B and I'm having issues downloading one of the example ModusToolbox projects to the board. The serial port is available in device manager.

Initially, ModusToolbox was unable to automatically detect the serial port at all:

Programming target device ... 

Detecting serial port ...
Serial port not detected...
Download failed

Based on this thread , I was able to specify the serial port directly in the makefile to progress a little bit, but still no luck:

UART?=COM5

New error message is failed to determine baud rate

Programming target device ... 

Found serial port : COM5

Downloading FW ...
Failed to determine baud rate
Download failed

I have tried the Recover and Reset button pattern as described in the readme and the thread linked above but it appeared to have no effect.

Note that the board is currently running the default demo application that ships with the dev kit which uses the serial port to print text (thermistor readings) and doesn't have the serial port as an actual HCI interface, so Client Control and CyBluetool don't connect properly to the board. Does this have something to do with it?

Thanks!

mprosk_1-1657911998294.png

1 Solution
mprosk
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I changed which COM port Windows was assigning the Peripheral, then plugged the board into a different USB port and that managed to get both ports to enumerate

mprosk_0-1658238769956.png

The makefile still seemed to have trouble autodetecting the port, but specifying the port in the file itself worked fine now.

UART?=COM#

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

There should be 2 UART port, the HCI UART and the Peripheral UART. You should use the HCI UART port, not the peripheral UART.  But I only see the peripheral UART port number in your capture picture.

Please check the HCI UART port and try to program the kit with recover procedure again.

mprosk
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I changed which COM port Windows was assigning the Peripheral, then plugged the board into a different USB port and that managed to get both ports to enumerate

mprosk_0-1658238769956.png

The makefile still seemed to have trouble autodetecting the port, but specifying the port in the file itself worked fine now.

UART?=COM#