I wonder that how to measure RF Performance (RF Test) CYW20719.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
vile_4823521
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Dear Cypress expert,

Hello.

I wonder that how to measure RF Performance (RF Test) of CYW20719 about Bluetooth Classic and BLE.

CYW20719 is being reviewed on Cypress website.

And here, at the Forum, I made an inquiry and received a response from below link and e-mail.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Bluetooth-SDK/I-wonder-that-how-to-measure-RF-Performa...

So I want to measure RF Performance of Classic BT and BLE by purchasing CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit in Window 10 OS. (included Basic Rate, Enhanced Data Rate, BLE)

1. Current Review

I have checked the contents about CYW20819 in below document.

- CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit User Guide.pdf

- CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit Quick Start Guide.pdf

And I installed below software (= Compiler).

- ModusToolbox_2.2.0.2801-windows-install.exe

As shown below picture, However, it can't find *.c file of Stack (Software) that can measure RF Performance in WICED_BTSDK_Tools of ModusToolBox.

I can find only *.h files of Stack (Software) about RF Performance in WICED_BTSDK_Tools of ModusToolBox.

2. Inquiries

If it is correct that the *.C file is not visible to the user, can I measure the RF performance by connecting the CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit to a PC, compiling the Software (=WICED_BTSDK_Tools Project in ModusToolBox) and downloading it?

2- If the contents are correct, can I measure RF Performance later using the wmbt Tool in the link below?

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/btsdk-utils/tree/master/wmbt

please answer about my question.

Best Regards,

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi ,

WICED_BTSDK_Tools is not an embedded app which you can program it to the board. It is provided as a means to obtain all the BTSDK tools at once. 

For RF tests, I believe, you can use try downloading an empty application to the board and start testing. One application from the latest SDK will make sure that all the available patches are downloaded to the chip correctly. 

The wmbt tool, you can get from "mtb_shared\wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-utils\release-v2.x.x\wmbt", Or you can get it the same from github also.

Please let us know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi ,

WICED_BTSDK_Tools is not an embedded app which you can program it to the board. It is provided as a means to obtain all the BTSDK tools at once. 

For RF tests, I believe, you can use try downloading an empty application to the board and start testing. One application from the latest SDK will make sure that all the available patches are downloaded to the chip correctly. 

The wmbt tool, you can get from "mtb_shared\wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-utils\release-v2.x.x\wmbt", Or you can get it the same from github also.

Please let us know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes