HCI Raw data mode with handshake

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
idk
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have successfully have data transfering over a SPP using the HCI UART in Raw mode, by following https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/How-to-Use-HCI-Raw-Data-Mode-in-CYW20706-KB...

However, if I start sending a file and compare it to the original (using CYBT-353027-02-EVAL and using a PC via RealTerm 2.0.0.70 on both ends without hardware flow control selected) the file transfers successfully except for a section somewhere near the beginning. I think this is due to a receive buffer filling up before the BT module has woken from sleep. Sending a few bytes before sending the file (to wake the BT module up) results in a perfect file transfer.

I tried selecting use CTS/RTS hardware flow control on both serial links (BT & HCI serial) but this does not fix the problem, as I would expect to.

Is there something else I need to do to enable hardware flow control? From other posts it sounds like flow control on HCI port isn't optional, but if so why the missing part?

I have attached my main source code.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes
2 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @idk ,

I will check & get back on your issue.

0 Likes
eSteve
Level 2